Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Current Rates in Saskatchewan and Manitoba

For those in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, I'm just wondering what you currently charge per month, both for younger children and for before and after school kids? I lumped Saskatchewan and Manitoba together since I think the rates are pretty similar (and sadly some of the lowest in the country).

Outgoing
    I'm funded, so my rates are not an accurate representation for most. Definitely charge more than me if you don't receive funding from your province.
    My before/after school starts at $6/day I think, and goes up if they need both slots. Maybe $10? I don't have any before and after school kids, so I'd have to look it up. My preschool age is 18.20/day, and infant in 22.20/day.
    I think 30 - 35 is a good average around here.

Euphoric !
    I'm private in MB and charge $32. The norm around here seems to be $30 lately with a few at $25 and $35.

Private are restricted to 4 so most don't take B & A care because it just doesn't pay

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    I'm funded, so my rates are not an accurate representation for most. Definitely charge more than me if you don't receive funding from your province.
    My before/after school starts at $6/day I think, and goes up if they need both slots. Maybe $10? I don't have any before and after school kids, so I'd have to look it up. My preschool age is 18.20/day, and infant in 22.20/day.
    I think 30 - 35 is a good average around here.
    I thought licensed charged the same as centres which I thought went up to $19.20 and $29.20 (or was it .80 ?) a few years ago. No?

Outgoing
    I'm not an ECE. I would need to be an ece to charge centre rates.

Euphoric !
    Ohh ok! That's interesting to know!

Outgoing
    I think in January, my funding is going up though. So if that keeps going up, I won't complain.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That would be nice!

I consider going licensed from time to time but that was when I thought it was the centre rates. I make more money now with 4 kids than I would with 5....minus the funding of course but I don't think I'd want the extra workload for that money. I guess it would depend how much funding I get per year.

Outgoing
    You could always keep your own rates too, if you ever want to go that route. You don't have to take the funding. I do like the extra money being deposited every 3 months like magic, however if I could do it again, I think I'd put more thought into keeping my old rates. It's hard to say which way I'd pick if I could go back in time. They're both good.

Euphoric !
    That's true! I always forget about not taking the funding because one of the main reasons I consider going to licensing is just to be able to offer subsidy as I know lots struggle to pay for dc