Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    I couldn't agree more! This family has 2 older children as well so the baby has always just been carted around with no real schdeule mainly napping in the vehicle.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice! I think we will just have to wait it out.

Shy
    Ugh..still no progress. This baby just doesn't want to nap. Makes for extremely long days with nothing getting done during nap time. Today's nap was for 20mins in the vehicle on the way to the library. Do you guys go back in and check them when they're crying or do you just let them full on CIO? Ive for music playing in the other rooms so the other children are now finally sleeping through the noise but I feel guilty that he's so upset.

Euphoric !
    Totally CIO! My newest child took a couple weeks to get over it. It's hard to listen to but you can't go in. They eventually get that you aren't coming and go to sleep. Also don't let them sleep in the vehicle!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    What have you tried in the past week? Did napping him first thing in the morning help? Even if he doesn't nap right away, keep doing it and just let him CIO. Take him out after 20-30 mins and He'll get used to it and eventually have a catnap. This should allow him to have enough energy to have a good morning and go down for afternoon nap without being overtired and cranky

I've got one who instantly falls asleep in the car so I understand that it can be hard to stop that but I try every time to wake her. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I have cut out morning naps completely since if he has a morning nap even for 15-20mins there is no way he will go down at all in the afternoon. He will cry the whole duration of nap time without any give in the crying. I have been going back in every so often to reposition him back down and telling him its nap time. If he doesn't nap in the morning he'll nap but it seems to get shorter and shorter everyday. Parents aren't really concerned with him not napping they say he always naps for them in the vehicle whenever they go anywhere. which makes it hard for us to have outings because he's so in tuned to napping in a moving vehicle or on walks in the stroller.