Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Two part rant :)

Sorry I'm ranting today....but I need a pick me upper. Feeling so down today!

First. I am so drained dealing with the parents. When I signed up for this job I didn't know we had to babysit and cuddle the parents too. One mom at pick up yesterday came in all red faced crying. I of coarse asked what's wrong and she went on to tell about their troubles with her husbands kids and court dates and such and was in tears. Another mom 30 mins after first crying mom came in, came at pick up and when I handed her son to her she started to full out cry! I of coarse said what's wrong....it's ok. And she cried on how things are stressful and they don't sleep cuz baby is always up sick and things are tight and She doesn't want to go back to work. Then here comes mom number three at pick up almost in tears because she's had a bad day at work and doesn't look forward to the evenings because she doesn't know how to parent and her son is really bad for her (but thats another story).

I mean I'm a nice caring sensitive person and always give them hugs and try to cheer them up saying it will be ok. But it is starting to drain on me. These moms are now constantly coming in crying and off loading on me and its starting to really brother me. I've just dealt with ten hrs of crying babies and a long day I don't want to deal with crying parents too at the end of the day. Does this make me a bad person???

Second. My daughter had a Rememberamce Day service at school today with her choir singing songs. And I couldn't go because I had five kids today and the school never gives enough notice so that I can arrange for me to take the day or morning off. She was upset that I couldn't go and I was in tears (after she left for school) because I feel like a bad mom. I feel like this job is always in the way. And that my kids always have to come 2nd to the daycare kids and it's just not fair. I know she'll forget and move on like the many other times...but in the moment it hurts me and I feel bad for her

Sorry....... done venting. Thank u for listening. Hope your day is going better

Euphoric !
    That would be very hard to listen too on a daily basis! I've had parents cry too but not 3 in one day...yikes! I don't really know how to stop that....some people (like you apparently) are just easy to talk too and I don't think that's a bad thing! Some also just like to cry to others and again, not sure how to stop that lol. I mean, there's ways to do it but it can come off looking like you're the bitch haha

As for your daughter, yes that sucks! However, if you had a job outside of the home, would you be guaranteed to leave it either? Pros and cons to every job so you just have to pick one that has the most pros

Hopefully the rest of this week goes better!! Hugs!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    About not being able to attend school stuff, that does suck for you but if it's any constellation, when they're teens they don't even remember all the effort and time you went to these things. I bent over backwards for my kids back then and now they say "oh, we're you there?...can't remember"...i know they love me tho so I don't wring their necks.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    In personal life, I good listener. In professional life, I learn not ask client what wrong. Might sound mean but there no other outcome than either they breakdown and tell you or they shrug off and not want input from outside.

Maybe it not kind but unless their issue impact me or my business, I not really interested in why they upset and feel if they want me know, they will tell me. I really not want open door for them thinking I their friend, counsellor, or anything else. It too draining. I tend not connect with emotionally needy people as rule so when associate having issue, I prefer to stay out of situation.

It not that I lack compassion for other people situation but I just not willing to take on upset and heartache of others outside immediate circle of friend and family.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Maybe instead of saying what's wrong or are you ok say... I'm sorry your having a bad day I'll help you get Johnny ready so you can get home and relax

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh man! I wouldn't be able to handle all the crying moms!

I don't think it is mean of you to just want them to keep their emotions to themselves...you can only give so much and caring for 5 young children is incredibly emotionally draining the parents are hitting you at the end of the day and you haven't had a chance to recharge!

As nice and caring and sensitive as I am. I made a huge point of keeping my distance. My DCG's mom is very quick to attach I noted this from the start and made a point of keeping a very clear line of business with her. It is sad because I understand that it can be so isolating to have a toddler and working full time. BUT I need to keep my work separate. DCG's dad is "very sick" and hasn't worked since I met them 2yrs ago, has been hospitalized a few times etc. Mom would have given me the whole story when we met but I made a point of not allowing her to. I can't be drawn in emotionally. It is truly sad the stress mom is under when dad has periods where he is really sick but I can't be hearing the sob stories and being pressured to help out. I need to be able to close my door at the end of each day and not have to worry about them.

I don't know what to recommend now since you have already been so caring with them and they are so open with you. I would think it is worthwhile to find ways to slowly detach and distance yourself...especiall y with new families. You provide child care services for these families...you are not a therapist!! They need to pay double if that want that added service!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Thank u all! I knew u guys would understand. I love this group!