Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    For my early arrival who little, I do power nap in morning. 8am until 9am, then we have morning snack and go out. Your child older than I would normally do it but maybe this solution?

Even if need to do 3 hour nap, it not so bad at noon until 3pm. I think it the 4pm that every parent would not be happy about. I wouldn't not do power nap and three hour mid-day nap though. If this child who need lot sleep, either power nap and 2 hours later, or max 3 in afternoon. I'd be really cross paying for child be involved in daycare to find 4 hour of day child asleep. And I do think it would affect bed time.
    Let me be clear on average she sleeps between 1 and 3 to 330 but sometimes does sleep till 4 which is only a 3 hour nap. That's 2 and a half hours she sleeps even though she arrives at 630 am. All my children nap for at least 2 hours some days more some days less because they are people and sometimes need more sleep. The way my arrivals and schedule work I would not put her down for a nap in the morning. I will definitely move nap time till noon and see if that helps at home however the parents have seen a sleep consultant who told them it's a behavior issue so I doubt what I do here will make any difference at home. They tell me she gets up 10 times a night and walks into there room and they go rock her, cuddle her and put her back to bed everytime.

Euphoric !
    I think the issue here is inconsistency on everyone's part. Here nap is from 12:30-3. Sometimes (rarely) if lunch runs a bit late it can be from 12:45 or 1 but all kids are woken up at 3. No matter what.

If both of you stuck to more of a consistent routine I think the child's sleep schedule would work itself out. If kids wake up cranky oh well, we have a schedule to keep. If the child is in need of extra sleep that is up to mom to incorporate that into the child's night schedule.

My nap schedule is what all kids follow regardless of age. When a child is 4 I will go get them up after an hour if they are awake. I wean out morning naps (30 min long) for young ones within the first month.
    Last edited by mickyc; 11-12-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Euphoric !
    I agree with mickeyc, more consistency on everyone's part sounds like is what is needed.

I sometimes change up nap too (put down earlier, get up earlier) but that is because I have good nappers right now and they usually are all in sync. If I had a child having sleep issues, I'd keep it consistent.

Mine are down between 1230/1 and woke up at 3. For the little ones (or in your case, the early drop offs) I just nap them first thing in the morning for a quick 20-30 minutes and this helps them make it until afternoon nap. I agree with most others that 4 is too late for most kids.

I do agree with you that there are probably things they can do better at home to help her but I don't necessarily think that we work for them or them for us....we work together in raising their children They are asking something that I think is quite reasonable and can be accommodated. Hopefully she gets into a better sleep routine and it will benefit everyone!

Expansive...
    I change diapers at 12 and then it is nap time so they sleep from 12.20 to 3 at the latest so they can sleep at home that night- sometimes the parents ask me to wake them up earlier than 3 then I just move the child's mat out of the nap room so the parents are happy and I am fine about it

Euphoric !
    theres a simple solution .....put her to bed earlier ....we do lunch at 11:15 and all kids are in bed between 11:45 and 12:15 .....everyone is up by 3:15

Expansive...
    I wouldn't let the ids sleep until 4 either (though it's tempting on a bad day! ha!) They go down at 1 and are woken at 3/ 3:15.