Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In-Laws

Shy
    lol, okay guys, you wanna talk about in laws! I live with my MIL and my mother, plus our three children, 2 dogs, 1 cat, of course the husband and run a daycare in the midst of all that! Hope that makes you all feel better Sometimes, I really don't know how I've handled it this far. haha! There are those days though, ughhh.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fivelittleones For This Useful Post:

Shy
    oh, forgot to mention....the MIL actually works from home and my mother is on disability, so she is also at home all day! There, I feel a little better knowing the expression that will be on some of your faces right now lol

Euphoric !
    Why? Just why?? Lol.

My grandparents lived with my aunt, her husband, 4 children and the in laws were on the same property. I don't know how they did it!!! Lol. Couldn't imagine all being home at same time 24/7!

Funny this thread popped back up today as my FIL pissed me off again! Yesterday my husband spent all morning with him looking at a wheelchair accessible van so that his mom can get outta the house. My husband got the seller down to an amazing price. He didn't buy it though!!!! My husband has finally had enough though and said he's not wasting anymore of his time as my FIL will likely never buy a van (cuz than he knows my mil will ask to go out and he doesn't want to do that)

I'm going to hell but I said I can't wait until he is in a wheelchair and asks to go out...nope, sorry!! You're not going anywhere

Expansive...
    They need to move to a sunny spot and less stress for you guys LOL

Outgoing
    OMG, that would definitely be up there with my worst nightmare!

Outgoing
    Speaking of in-laws, mine are supposed to be coming and staying for a couple of weeks in the summer. They told my husband that they would like to have a vehicle available for them while they're here. I believe that they're referring to mine as it's usually parked in the driveway during the day unless the kids and I are on a field trip. They have been living in Mexico and their car is starting to look like that. It has quite a few dents so I really don't want them driving my car. They can be overwhelming and pushy at times.

Just curious if you've had family come and stay with you for any period of time, were you required to get a criminal record check? It might be a little difficult to do from Mexico!lol

Shy
    My parents stayed with us (from Europe) for a couple of weeks and obviously they did not have police checks, nor did I request they bring one with them from home. I explained to my families ahead of time that my parents were coming and I hadn't seen them for 18 months. TBH if they had complained and been difficult I would have found grounds to terminate their care as seeing my parents was so important to me and my children. Unfortunately I had taken on a new 12mnth old just before they arrived otherwise I would have taken holiday so we could spend more time together.
    I made sure that I introduced all the parents to my parents and the dc parents were really sad when my parents had to go home. Luckily, they now have a contact to stay with in Europe so they were happy with that!

Euphoric !
    I can't see many requesting a criminal record cheque but I guess it's a possibility?? I would just tell them they are your guests and won't be getting one done (if they even ask). I highly doubt anyone would leave because of it.

On a side note, I'd start saving now and my gift to them would be a hotel room he he

Outgoing
    My MIL was really sick last spring, basically on her death bed (or so we thought). So we went to visit and my father-in-law had arranged for us to stay at one of their friend'so condo (they went back home for the summer). So I feel that I owe them a place to stay. I was more referring about getting a criminal record in case my licensing officer shows up when they are here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Hi Daycaremom9, if you are in BC it is required by Licensing and it costs $20 for each person over 18 years old staying at the house and you can do it at the lic office and pay by credit card, but if your MIL is still too sick I am sure your Lic officer would understand or you could say they just arrived and you will arrange it when your MIL is a little better - Goodluck