Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In-Laws

Euphoric !

In-Laws

Alright, this has nothing to do with daycare but I can't vent on the other forum I'm part of as too many know who I am lol

Do you have Inlaws that drive you crazy?? My MIL had her 2nd stroke last March and has had issues ever since. She is getting worse over time and they think she's had a 3rd just recently. This of course is stressful for everyone, especially my FIL. However, he's just becoming harder and harder to be around as he's cranky and takes it out on people he shouldn't be. It's embarrassing when we need to take her to the hospital as he's so rude to the nurses and doctor and I feel like I'm constantly apologizing for his behaviour. My SIL is stressed out and starting to act like him too. She got rude with my husband last night which pissed me off because he never is rude to his family (even when he has the right to be! Lol) I stay out of it as much as I can but I'm about ready to unleash on them!!! I'm already thinking I just want to hide this Christmas and say F it!

Thanks for letting me vent....I feel a bit better just typing that and getting out there haha

Starting to feel at home...
    Are we related?? This honestly sounds exactly like my in-laws. Though while my MIL is ill, we can't really blame that on the behavior of my FIL and SIL, since they've always been hard to deal with. However, it certainly makes things worse. I am embarrassed when I'm with them around other people and try to avoid it as much as I can. My husband is used to it, but I feel so bad for him because he puts up with a lot.

So yes, my in-laws drive me crazy! LOL.

Outgoing
    I'm sorry your inlaws are being stressful. I've got no advice at all. However, we are running away this Christmas to avoid all our family drama. So I say go for it!

Expansive...
    Yes it is good to vent - sound like a stressful time when MIL is sick, it would be a great idea to get away but if you can't just keep the visits short - sorry but my in laws were in Germany so just a quick call and all was fine for us

Euphoric !
    I not have any advice. I can sympathise. Family can be tricky with mix of not liking way someone behave but loyalty because they family.

For me, I was very lucky with my inlaws. They very kind to me. I miss them very much.

Euphoric !
    I can sympathize! I have your MIL! She is actually undergoing chemotherapy at the moment and so her behaviour is just amplified at the moment. She is unfortunately like having another child at time. So dependent and incapable of figuring out the most minor things. She also has no one except us as she and my FIL split long ago and that's a whole other kettle of fish!

Euphoric !
    I'm sorry to hear others are in same boat but glad I'm not alone!!

My husband always says how much he prefers being around my family but they are about 2.5 hours from us and his are 4 blocks away so we see them more often! His sister is just 2 blocks away....ugh, all too close for my liking!! Lol

I would love if just us 2 went away for Christmas but than we'd miss out on my family get together and we couldn't just go to one and not the other. Both sides would probably think we're being selfish and would be hurt as well. If his family keeps this behaviour up though, I might reconsider!!!

I actually think dementia is setting in for his mom but his dad is just a crank pot and has no excuse for his behaviour!! His parents should have divorced years ago but never did. His dad has led a pretty sweet life for the past 15-ish years and did and went as he wanted. Now that he has to stay home and tend to his wife (she needs 24/7 care but they also have home care) he is depressed I think.

They seriously drive me crazy!! Haha

Outgoing
    My in laws drive me nuts too, especially my one sister inlaw. She is 5 years younger than me and thinks that she knows everything about everything, including raising children! My daughter is 22 and her boys are 10 and 8, I think I have a little bit more experience than her! We had a few issues with my daughter when she was a young teen and according to all of Hubby's family we were to blame! The whole family drives me nuts and I am really uncomfortable around them, and I have been with my husband for almost 30 years! Since ny FIL passed away 10 years ago, things have gotten much more tense within the family.

Outgoing
    Oh My! I won the LOTTERY....when it comes to mother-in-laws. She used to say 'I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU LIVE WITH MY SON"!!!! Hands down...the most wonderful MIL I could have ever dreamed of having for 34 years. We lost her this past July and I miss her terribly
    Last edited by sandylynn; 11-13-2015 at 09:54 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm glad to hear that sandylynn! It's not often we hear about the good Inlaws lol.

My mil is coming home on Monday and I'm again dreading the new behaviour that both will most certainly have. To be fair, she was a good mil before this all happened (there were things that annoyed me but in the grand scheme of things, nothing major) It's my FIL that I don't particular enjoy. Sigh...oh well. Things could definitely be worse!!