Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Part-time Contract

I have a potential fam starting with me 3-4 days week (3 weeks: 3 days & then 1 week: 4 days).

I am in a bind otherwise I generally don't accept part-time care. With that said, is there anything I should be adding to my contract that pertains to PT kids? Also, paid stat days... only if the stat on one of their scheduled days or paid regaddless? What about paid sick/personal days?

Euphoric !
    I think it be hard to charge parent for stat if it not their scheduled day. If they working 3 day a week and budget for 3 x daily rate, it mean you going charge them 4 days if stat in week when it not their day? If Christmas Day is on Saturday or Sunday, then do you charge 6 days to your FT client?

I would do normal contact but state which 3 days they always be in and what day the 4th day is when that happen. Then if you on leave on their registered day or if it stat day, you get same pay you normally have but have not worked the stat or sick/personal day booked.

Euphoric !
    If you are now open to taking PT, I personally would charge them 4 days per week minimum. You won't find someone for 2 days per week every 3 wks.

Euphoric !
    I have one left on pt contract and she has a few rules grandfathered in lol. (I decided that the rate you sign on with is the rate you always pay so when I made changes, they stayed the same)

Anyways, they come 3 days a week and are charged every other stat. Some times yes, they pay more than normal. Sometimes they pay less (my stat days are $10/less) They never questioned this as the other option would have been to pay for all stats.

I have a past child who recently started again and comes only one day a week (I don't have another child to take the mob/tues spot so allowed this) and they only pay for the stat if it lands on a Monday.

Starting to feel at home...
    thanks all. Will charge only if it falls on ref scheduled day.

Last edited by Fireyesblue; 11-15-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Euphoric !
    When I took part-time I always charged the part-time family for all stats regardless if it fell on their day.

for me part time of 2 to 3 set days and full time is 4 to 5 days. I also have it set up that if the child is under 2 years old, then part time can be no longer then 3 months then they have to transfer to full time. (I am in Ontario) If they need different days each week then they have to pay for a full time spot.