Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boxing day.

While it is not a stat day it is a gov day off. So my contact reads I have all stat and gov days off paid. That way covers them all.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    While it is not a stat day it is a gov day off. So my contact reads I have all stat and gov days off paid. That way covers them all.
    That what mine say and always say but last time Christmas was weekend, I got stuck with have day in lieu. I think that what person saying - she has stat and gov day covered but not add extra day when it on weekend and without that being specifically stated, it not entitlement of self-employed and it mean amendment to agreement with parent.

I never came to this problem. It goes unsaid around here that if a stat or gov day is on a wkend the Monday is off for ppl so I am closed too. No one has ever questioned me about it.

Euphoric !
    My contract states that if the holiday falls on weekend, the following Monday will be taken off. I may have said I could pick the Friday before too but can't remember if I added that...

In mb, Boxing Day is classified as an optional stat, meaning it's up to the employer to decide how to handle it....as far as I know anyways the last time I looked into it!