Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

How much to charge for 12hr day on Sat & Sun?

I am considering taking in a 6 year old girl on Saturdays and Sundays as her parents both work 8-8 one weekend a month. Wondering what I should charge...?
    Thanks in advance!

I should not that in my area $30-35/day for a typical day is the going rate.

Sorry,... Should be note*

Euphoric !
    $100 for the weekend would not be out of line at all since you will be providing two meals at least.

Outgoing
    I would charge hourly rate as there will be only one child and you will give more attention to her and it is weekend. Basically, you will be her nanny during the weekend. When I was nannying I used to charge 140 each day.

Expansive...
    $50.00 a day as you are offering a service on the weekend and they are with you for 12 hours. Make note that they may try and bring you down a bit be prepard to stand your ground at a certain number. 48.00 maight be reasonable but don't go lower than 45.00. Also make it clear for any late fees!

Starting to feel at home...
    I charge $40 for a full day. I am open 7AM to 5:30PM. Anything over that time I would charge $10. per hour, that is what a babysitter gets. I agree with Skysue don't let them barter with you, they will try and put a note in your contract as to what you will charge for overtime. I would definitely get the payment in advance. Good luck.