Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling bummed

Euphoric !

Feeling bummed

I was given notice by one of my families today for the end of December. I thought this family was with me until I close for my mat leave. A spot opened up for them at the centre where their eldest goes to school. It of course makes sense and I know they have been happy with me but I can't hekp but feel bummed. I lost one last week, this one end of Dec, next one end of Jan and the last will be with me until I close mid Feb. So I am trying to think of the positives e.g. I know when they are all leaving so I can plan, they didn't leave as soon as I told them my plans to close, they are taking their time to find something suitable. I kind of wonder whether it would make more sense to take an earlier mat leave as I'll be making peanuts those last 2 weeks.

I also had another parent tell me that the kid that left last week is already toilet trained and he's been there 1 WEEK! Makes me feel a bit like a failure even though we never attempted to train here. He showed zero interest and wouldn't even tell me when he had pooped. He actually hated getting his diaper changed and it would be a big fuss every time. His parents made zero attempts at home to train him and my policy is that parents start the work...I tell myself I shouldn't feel like a failure but I can't help but feel like one.

Expansive...
    I worked at a big centre so I know that they try to toilet train really fast when the child starts and they have the other kids to act as role models for the younger and new kids so don't feel like a failure as the same thing happens when the children leave me but it does not bother me at all LOL

The parents seem to have tried to stay with you for as long as possible and now they now you will close mid-Feb they have to look for a new daycare and it just happened now rather than later, it might be worth while to close earlier as less income will effect your EI so go for it

Euphoric !
    I don't mean this to be offensive or rude but sometimes kids just flourish more with different people. Doesn't mean that we're not good enough but we just may not have been the best fit for the child. Nothing to worry about. This could totally NOT be true in this case and it could just be that he was now ready to train. Who knows? I wouldn't let it get you down though!!

Take this time to cherish the moments with your remaining kids and enjoy every minute! Try and stay positive and do lots of fun Christmas things and go out with a bang knowing that you gave it your all Soon you'll be off and enjoying your new baby! All the best!