Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    That's a good to idea to have a 6-12 month clause regarding the deposit. I wonder if that would work around here...

Thankfully, I haven't had too many families leave before a year but it's definitely frustrating when it happens!

Euphoric !
    Hmmmm interesting. Could someone share the clause from their contract? I would be interested to see it

I have only had two families complain about the clause during an interview. There where lots of red flags with both families. I end up not signing them on. I found out who they did end up going to and both families end up screwing over their providers in many ways, including leaving after a few months.

A family that really plans on stating around, will have no problems with the clause.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Here is my Termination Policy

Please note that my bi-weekly fee is called "Tuition" and what most all a deposit I call an "Enrollment Fee". This is because most people amuse that they will automatically get their deposit back at the end of care. Since they might not, I have simply changed the term I use.

Termination by All Clients (excluding Temporary Care)

• A five (5) week (25 business days) written notice is required and MUST be given on a non-pay week.

• If termination is done within the first 52 weeks [one (1) year] of care (original contract start date), you forfeit your enrollment fee. You will still need to pay the tuition fee for your child’s last two weeks of care. The tuition fee must be paid in full by 5:00pm on the Thursday before your child`s last two weeks of care.

• If the enrollment fee is greater than the amount owed for the two weeks of care the remainder of the money will go towards other expenses.

• If termination is done immediately (with or without notice), or with less than five (5) weeks (25 business days) notice all of the enrolment fee will go towards other expenses. You are still responsible for paying your full tuition fees in lieu of the month notice. The payments can be made in two payments of one lump sum and must be paid in full with in four (4) weeks of your child’s last day of care.

• If you terminate within Five (5) weeks (less than 25 business days) before, or during the providers scheduled days off (not including Stat.’s), you forfeit your enrollment fee. The enrollment fee will go towards other expenses. You will still need to pay the tuition fee for your child`s last two weeks of care. The tuition fee must be paid in full by 5:00pm on the Thursday before your child`s last two weeks of care.

• If you or the provider terminates with notice and you decide to leave before the end of the notice period you forfeit all fees paid (enrollment fees, tuition fee, etc.) and the remained of the notice period of care. Payment is still due for the duration of the notice period.

• If you terminate care before physical care has started you forfeit all fees paid. Such as, but not limited to: holding fees, enrollment fee etc.

• If you terminate care, but wish to return at a later date you will need to sign a new contract, pay new increase fees, and pay another enrollment fee. You are not guaranteed a spot unless a non-refundable enrollment fee is paid.

Termination by Temporary Clients

• Your enrollment fee is non-refundable and does NOT go towards any care. The enrollment fee goes to securing the temporary spot.

• A five (5) week (25 business days) written notice is required and MUST be given on a
    non-pay week.

• If termination is done immediately (with or without notice), or with less than five (5) weeks (25 business days) notice all you are still responsible for paying your full tuition fees in lieu of the month notice. The payments can be made in two payments of one lump sum and must be paid in full with in four (4) weeks of your child’s last day of care.

• If you terminate within Five (5) weeks (less than 25 business days) before, or during the providers scheduled days off (not including Stat.’s), the tuition fee must be paid in full by 5:00pm on the Thursday before your child`s last two weeks of care.

• If you or the provider terminates with notice and you decide to leave before the end of the notice period you forfeit all fees paid (enrollment fees, tuition fee, etc.) and the remained of the notice period of care. Payment is still due for the duration of the notice period.

• If you terminate care before physical care has started you forfeit all fees paid. Such as, but not limited to: holding fees, enrollment fee etc.

• If you terminate care, but wish to return at a later date you will need to sign a new contract, pay new increase fees, and pay another enrollment fee. You are not guaranteed a spot unless a non-refundable enrollment fee is paid.

Termination by Teachers

• If you terminate at any time your forfeit your “summer holding fee” part of your tuition fee.

• If you terminate during the last three (3) weeks of school or during the summer you forfeit your enrollment fee.

Termination by Provider

• The provider can give a two week written notice at any time, for any reason.

• The provider holds the right to terminate immediately for the following reasons:

 If there is use of inappropriate words (name-calling, foul language) shaming, humiliating, threatening or frightening a child, another parent, provider’s family or the provider herself.

 If there is any violent behaviour from the parents or child

 If you are caught medicating your child to mask an illness or fever.

 If you or your child breaches one or more of the Health and Safety Policies. (available on line or by request)

 For any reason Valerie’s Play House deems it to be in the best interest and safety of others or your child.

*If the provider needs to terminate care immediately you forfeit your enrollment fee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks. I really am considering making some changes to my contract. I just don't know how all this would go over in our area. Food for thought though.

Euphoric !
    I think in principle, it's a great idea. In reality I'm not sure how our area would take it either. I didn't yours fully but I can see some being confused about or feel like their signing a lease they can't get outta of. I also wonder if it would raise suspicions as to why the clause was added.

I do think it's an idea that I should look into better though. I too tired right now lol. I don't have this issue a lot so I'm not sure if it would help or hinder me??

Euphoric !
    I have decided to increase my notice period. I now require 4 weeks on all new families (3 on old families).

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I have decided to increase my notice period. I now require 4 weeks on all new families (3 on old families).
    I did this last year. I now have 4 week notice and 6 for sibling group/if family have more than one child in my care.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I did this too and the 4 wks helped me fill my spot this month so comes in very handy for us

Outgoing
    I have ALWAYS charged a full 2 week deposit. It does NOT go towards any daycare payment, (IE, LAST 2 WEEKS OF CARE) it is to guarantee them them the spot.