Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
I am addicted to sugar. It is funny because i do a lot to avoid it in what we eat. Heck, I buy pain yogurt and add frozen berries to it to avoid the sugary stuff. But I am ADDICTED to sugar. I get it in my tea. which i now drink too much of just to have sugar. Lots of sugar. If I try and skip my tea for the day it is ALL i think about. I stand there debating and restraining myself before I finally cave and have tea...with sugar.

I go thorugh good periods where i can go without for over a week and i start to feel better...next thing i know i am having a tea (with sugar) and then I am back in the cycle of NEEDING sugar.

I seriosuly can't help but feel like it is the same as being addicted to alcohol (i don't drink any...thank goodness what if it is as addicting as sugar for me!).

Anyways my point here is...do you find the same? What is it that draws you back into the unhealthy foods? Is it sugar? Something else. I think being awake of this would be helpful. not sure how. But trying some strategies to either get over the "withdrawals" and kick the habit or having a bit a day to let your body have the taste without bingeing after trying to avoid it.

I also agree with the above. Maybe shift the focus from food to exercise or something else to help you get healthy. If food is the weakness then maybe you can muster up the self control to focus on exercise for the time being!

All this talk about sugar and I seriously need a tea now. I didn't have one yet...so it should be ok...right???
I don't think it's the sugar. I think I get drawn back because I get bored of the heathy foods. I can find enough variety of foods I like. Doesn't help I'm a very picky eater . I also get drawn back because of the prep. Junk u can just grab and go but if it's heathy up gotta stand there and prep it.