Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bored !!

Outgoing

Bored !!

Omg I am so bored ... I've taken a smaller group now because of the new law and am waiting for another child to start in the spring. So most days all I have is a soon to be 4 yo (who's not a fan of crafts) an 19 month old and a one year old.

I AM SO BORED. It' 12h00 lunch is almost over so will have music, yoga ang story time ...That will keep my busy for another 25 minutes haha We have done 2 crafts 2 stories and 2 different games. Because of the age group and personal interest activities go by so fast and have a lot of down time. We usually go outside juts not today because of other circumstances but even then the oldest of the group is not super active ... I cant wait for Christmas breaks for my own kids to be home.

Anyone else have been through this ? ideas on how to keep busy and active during "down" time. I believe kids should be able to play on their own as well so I don't want to keep going from one 2 minute activity to the next. I've been baking and cleaning so much which is good I suppose but I am bored I really am. I need some advice please before I get completely uninterested in my work.

Starting to feel at home...
    I love busy bags! They are great for kids under 5 and can keep them busy for a long time. I like to have a great big bag or box full of them, so that the kids each take one to play with and once they are done, they put their activity back in the bag and then take a new one. If you are unsure what a busy bag is, just google it. There's lots of ideas out there. And for someone whose 'crafty', they aren't too hard to put together.

Outgoing
    Thanks Momma L... It's not the kids that are bored it's me ! HAHA They have plenty to do I'm just bored because the activities we play go by so quick and they play so well on their own too ...

Oh I hear ya. For a few mths I had two 19mth olds on Thursdays and Fridays. Was the longest days ever!! When I'm full at five the days are busier and go by faster. I tried to keep myself busy during free play. Cook. Clean. Prepare crafts and meals etc. But trust me the day went by sooooo slow. Lol. It also helped whenever we got outside in the morning. Park, walk, playgroup, library, store, etc. Made the morning go by then home for lunch and nap.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty View Post
    Thanks Momma L... It's not the kids that are bored it's me ! HAHA They have plenty to do I'm just bored because the activities we play go by so quick and they play so well on their own too ...
    Oops. LOL. Should have read your original post better. The busy bag idea might just make you more bored.

Have you seen those colouring books for adults? Despite all the colouring I do with the kids, there's something very relaxing and stimulating about colouring in these adult ones.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommaL For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks ! So happy to know it's not just me. Starting to feel like I was doing something wrong.

Actually making the bags will keep me busy but letting the kids play with it ...not so much haha.

I actually bought one as I Christmas present maybe I should get one. I actually take out the coloring books and crayons when I am extra special bored and color my own picture with the kids haha.

We do a few outings, well at least once a week.

But it's a very isolating feeling sometimes right ? If we were in a normal office and bored we would have co-workers to talk to and be silly or what not. At least I have this forum haha. Thank goodness for internet ...

Or I know. I'm lucky I have my mom that runs a home daycare too just down the street. So I call her all the time and say....I'm bored. Haha

Expansive...
    I had to smile when I saw the title as my day is so busy , I wouldn't mind feeling bored LOL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I know Van and I've been delaying writing this post because I KNOW how much our days can be crazy when we are full or even depending on the personalities of the children. So I knew I might be making other people go ARE YOU NUTTS !? But I really am right now and I know it's temporary but I'm kinda struggling. So I am sorry to all of you who are in need of a little break right now... but cheer up one day you might be in my shoes too

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    When they're free playing, I bake, cook, clean, reorganize dc toys, art area etc. I browse Pinterest for ideas, I attempt my pins lol, I make flash cards, prep art, make things for dc, read this site, text a friend, do puzzle books.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: