Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Friday Rant

Shy

My Friday Rant

I am having the worst Friday! My 19 month old daycare boy was out sick yesterday cause he had a fever Wednesday night. Well the parents said he had no fever yesterday and was good to come back so he came today. Well when I went to change him his entire bum and legs were covered I'm raised bumps. Looks look hand foot and mouth disease. It took me 40 minutes to reach his mom who was at home not even at work. I actually didn't even reach her I got a hold of his dad by calling his work. Mom never texts me back to tell me she is coming just shows up pissed because she has to get her kid. The sad had told me on the phone he had a rash this morning and they thought it was nothing. As per my contract I need to be informed of all rashes and it's grounds for immediate termination. The mom wasn't sorry and doesn't realize she could have just infected all these other children and hat I have to inform there parents.

WHY ARE SOME PARENTS SO INCONSODERATE!!!!!

I have another family that wants to go full time for January do I'm seriously considering just terminating and starting over next month with another child. My only reservation is the little boy is my son's best friend.

Euphoric !
    I don't care if they're at home for the day but at least tell me so I can easily reach you!! So annoying!

Hope your afternoon is better

Shy
    Nope it turns out he does have hand foot and mouth disease and is trying to say he caught it at my dayhome when nobody else is or has been sick in months

Shy
    It doesn't really matter where it came from (when my kids got it last summer it had to be from a supermarket cart as we really had not been anywhere else!) what matters is preventing it spreading. If everyone has it / has had it, I personally would accept the child into care. If everyone is well then it is simply irresponsible. Unfortunately, it could well have already spread by now. I am flexible about accepting sick kids; I need the parents to keep their jobs in order for me to keep mine and usually by the time something has 'come out' of the incubation period all the kids will have been exposed already.