Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Interview questions

When you're doing your interview, what are some key question that you ask prospective clients, and what are some key points you bring up to potential clients about being in your care? Thanks

Euphoric !
    - do they plan on staying long term if they like my care/setup/program?

- do they have a backup if I'm sick, need to close early/for appt's, holidays, if their child is sick, if they're going to be late?

- what is their discipline methods?

- are they comfortable with outings we go on....library, parks, mall, shopping, swimming etc

- any custody issues/paperwork

The biggest thing I stress is that anyone using hdc's, NEED to have a backup. Payment NEEDS to be paid on time. Respect to and from each other is huge!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    1. Are they looking long term care or just until child 18 month and able go to centre.
    2. Allergies and dietary issue - here parent supply own food if special food needed.
    3. Discipline method
    4. Work hour and location work so I can gauge if they be here on time to pick up.
    5. Do they have back up if child excluded from care for sick.
    6. Is child immunised and will all vaccination be kept up date.
    7. Start date as I not hold more than 2 week without being paid for place.
    8. Hours of care they need because I not extend mine.
    9. If child been in care before - This useful if they had lot of change of care provider.
    10. Child level ability - I make sure child is present at interview. I want see if child developmentally behind, level of independence, how confident child is, if clingy to parent, how parent interact with child, if child listen to parent instruction, if parent give instruction to child if they charging around. Can tell lot about family when see all together.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: