Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dont forget your idea of immaculate and others could be VERY different. or maybe they just meant it was immaculate for a daycare... which just means the pillows are straight and there isnt much food stuck to the walls.

Euphoric !
    Please tell you that you did not actually let the kids do this inside your house?! I used to have a pretty spotless house before I had my 2nd and 3rd kids...and then add the daycare...although I have to say that the daycare kids make far less mess than my own kids because they are contained to certian areas (playroom, kitchen) whereas my kids are all over the place. I know that as my kids get older, the old spotless house will return somewhat as it gets easier. Until then, I tell myself it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    Ya ~ I have had clients actually say this to me 'how do you keep the house so immaculate' and I look around and think WTF it looks like a bomb hit it .... immaculate in relations to a house that has never had a child walk through and one that has a full of kids may require two different definitions

My house is always 'tidy' at the beginning and end of the day because I HATE clutter ~ everything in my playroom has a labelled home and I teach the children to pick up after themselves as the day goes along. I clean up after messes as they happen and so forth as best they can but for ME I can always see the crumb I missed or the fingerprint smudge of paint on the wall or the play doh clump in my foyer carpet and so forth but CLIENTS the fact that the wall is not fingerpainted entirely or the play doh is not in my couches and the house is not strewn with toys to trip over it is 'immaculate'!

They expect our house to look like this

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    Please tell you that you did not actually let the kids do this inside your house?!....
    LMAO ~ good lord no I am all about following kids lead but not if it is leading to THAT

That is some photo of the Internet that makes it rounds in email jokes and other things about 'life with kids' not sure who the poor parent or caregiver was or where it originated from!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    I would call my house ALMOST immaculate, haha. During the day of course it is chaos, toys everywhere, but we tidy up together before the end of the day. At night I vacuum, sweep, do the dishes, but during the day the dirt comes in and bits of food get on the floor and all over my kitchen. Then all evening it gets cleaned up again.

Shy
    I a highly organized to the point I can't function if I am not following things as "planned". I go to my friends home and the kids are running amuck, screaming and screetching, toys everywhere, raw chicken on the counter and food everywhere.....when I cook I take every spice and recipe item out and put each back as I go and wash those dishes before the food is done cooking or baking. I bring out each activity as I go and don't let them go to town with whatever they like. There are free play items but when it's time for the next activity, I sing the tidy up song and we move on after that space is clean and put back into it's proper cubby, box, etc. When it gets near home time, I make a game of sweeping/mopping etc. after the toys are put back.