Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wait list

Shy

Wait list

Hello fellow daycare operators!

Im running a centre at busy business area (mostly offices and such) that is 3 months operational. I have about 17 other centres in 3km radius and almost all of them are at capacity and have a very long waiting list (some for 3 years and longer).

What would you say If I will try and approach those full daycares with an offer to get access to their waiting list? I understand no one will be giving away the contact information for the parents, but maybe I can offer them to call the parents on the list and offer them to come for a tour at my location in exchange for referral fee or something.

I would really appreciate your opinions, as I don't want to waste the time on this if its not something people will consider.

Thank you in advance!

I wouldn't ask them to call the families on their waiting lists. I would ask if you could leave business cards/brochures at their centres.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ask to leave a handout for them to post or pass on to families.

I would expect they won't. It isn't in their best interest to send people away, even if they don't have space. I know some places refuse to hand out other daycare suggestions as they then feel liable should something go wrong at a center they suggested.

I would target more advertising to find the people they are turning away.

Euphoric !
    I think maybe there would be issues in handing over confidential information like name and contact number or e-mail. They left it for the daycare they chose, not for them hand out to people asking.