Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts

Starting to feel at home...

Thoughts

I had an interview on Saturday! Yay!.....unfortunate ly, I don't know what to think about the situation. When emailing back and forth Mom told me she had a son in kindergarten and a 2 year old. (my ad says 3 plus but decided to interview anyways). When Mom arrived she had no children with her. I found that odd as I've always had mom's bring the kids. Anyways, I told her that 2 of my boys are in a rec centre program for ages 3-5. I asked if her daughter was closer to 2.5 or 3 so perhaps in the future she could join. mom replies "she's just two....she'll turn two in March"....um...she's one and a half.....not two.

She then told me that their nanny up and walked out on them with no notice. Red Flag there?....She needs someone to drive her son too and from school, which is not a problem since I do the school run anyways. She also told me that her daughter naps at 1 pm for about 3 hours. I told her that I would need to adjust and cut short her nap time because I have to leave for the school around 2:30.

I gave her copies of the contract to go over, she spoke as though she was taking the two spots. I told her that I would like to meet the kids before we start and she agreed and said that she would let me know a day. I haven't heard a word since. I sent her an email yesterday morning asking if she had any questions about the contract and if she wants to set up our play date. No response.

Oh...she also told me she is pregnant and will not need me past June. *sigh*

So my question is, should I message her and tell her that I cannot take her on or take the kids and keep looking for permanent kids. That is....if she even gets back to me. I think that I know my answer but would love to hear your ladies opinions.

Euphoric !
    I would assume she has other plans since she dropped contact with you.

If she happens to make contact again then make the call but I would think you have enough red flags to wait for a better match.

But, frankly it just sounds like it isn't worth the effort, especially if it was only short term.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I wouldn't bother. Continue on with your interviews and choose a family that better suits you. If you do hear from mom I would just tell her the spaces are no longer available

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yes , Move on and find a better family , Red Flags everywhere with this one

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Agreed. Don't take her on. Move on! Next!

Euphoric !
    I would not bother. If she wanted the places she would have been in touch. I avoid people who not wholly honest from start. It not sit well with me and I know I tend doubt their statements which not fair way to be. Wait for longer term person who will be honest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks ladies, I finally heard back from her and she told me that she is taking her time and visitng a number of dayhomes, daycares and interviewing for a nanny as well. My gut was right on this one. I now have an interview tonight so fingers crossed that this will work out.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannie For This Useful Post: