Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    But I do NEED a nap to make it through the day!! Haha
    Good points Lee-Bee. If she brings it up again, I'll definitely mention some of these points. Thanks.
    Oh I hear you!! But I think you lose merit pointing it out to parents lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Lee bee, from my experience, yes a centre will take a child before nap even though they just napped. There is always a group of kids not napping and the child would just join them.
    I suppose. I used to work in daycare but I don't recall this ever coming up so didn't think of moving the child to a different room. I do know that in all the programs I worked there was no way to keep an infant/toddler awake while others slept as they were all spread through the program room. Even when I ran the school-age program they had 1hr of rest, none slept but they were resting (in a somewhat calm and quiet manner).

Euphoric !
    I'm sure every dc is different but the 2 I worked in were very similar in regard to naptime. All ages slept the same time, in same room/adjoining room. The under 2's were separated a bit from the olders but not by much.

The children that didn't nap were also all in one room and as children woke, they joined the large group. Near the end of naptime, they would go back to their smaller groups in separate rooms and get ready for snack.

Having a child dropped off right before or during nap was never an issue. Things like this are another reason I think some parents choose centres.

Neither one of the school aged programs had quiet time....I wish! That would have been nice lol