Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Xmas crafts for parents

Any new ideas for crafts the kids can make their parents for Christmas? Getting tired of the ornament/picture frame idea. Suggestions please?? Also, must be toddler-friendly! Thanks!

Euphoric !
    I tend to do the same kind of things but a bit different. For the ones who've been with me over the years, it's tradition now lol. We always make ornaments for example but change it up year to year.

This year they made Rudolph's out of cinnamon sticks, Popsicle trees decorated with foam stickers and I cheated this year and bought premade clay ones from micheals that they painted. I also made picture ornaments with pics I took (wrapping paper background and them wearing Santa hats).

They will decorate sugar cookies I made and their main present to the parent is a canvas picture. The mistletoe thing on Pinterest (footprint) and a string if lights with their fingerprints as the border. I went simple this year

Euphoric !
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=craft...XKYFw58avjM%3A

this looks simple and pretty cute!

Euphoric !
    The link lee bee posted plus this one is what we did. I just combined the two. Turned out really cute IMO

https://www.google.ca/search?q=craft...h&q=mistletoes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I like those mistle toes ! hihi

Every year I just collect all the crafts of December and the kids go home with a big gift bag of all they created during December. We also bake and decorate cookies or make candy or chocolates that we put in a cute decorated box. This year we got a big hand print Christmas tree, a hand print snowman ornament, ginger bread cookies, painted scented salt dough, a paper plate Christmas wreath, heart shape card, toilet paper Olaf and whatever we will make this week hihi.

We did salt dough ornaments. Super easy! Just salt, flour and water. I did their hand print in a mitten and then did snowflake and Christmas tree cutouts that they painted for the tree. We just wrapped them up today and they'll bring home to put under their tree. We also made reindeer food and gingerbread cookies at playgroup.

http://busybugs.co/2013/12/the-mitte...ctivities.html

Euphoric !
    I printed out pics of the kids faces and we are putting them on foam gingerbread men. Then decorate and put a magnet on the back. Made cinnamon ornaments today too. Going to paint later this week

Expansive...
    I did a letter to santa, a wreath, a card with hand prints, a star, a bell - all with inf/toddlers LOL

Starting to feel at home...
    I found this one on Pinterest.....so cute!

http://www.oneperfectdayblog.net/201...ree-ornaments/

Snowmen using pulled apart cotton wool balls, either stuck on paper in the shape of a snowman (they can choose whether to have a two part or 3 part body etc) and pre-cut (by you) hat shapes, eyes, noses etc for decoration, or you can use a cardboard tube, from the inside of napkins or wrapping paper for example, and stick the cotton wool around that to make a 3D snowman.
    I've also seen angels made using cardboard tubes - pre-cut wings, coloured/glittered/decorated and then glued on, paper doilies glued around the tube to make her 'dress', and a face drawn on. You can use wool scraps for hair as well.