Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Medical leave...telling the parents today

So my Dr has granted me medical leave to start in 1 month. I was going to give them the letter tomorrow but thought about it and I don't want to take away from our Christmas party tomorrow by handing it out at the end of the day. So instead I am going to give it out at the end of the day today. So this means I will be closing in a month for medical leave then going on maternity leave.

I hope they take it well. I am super stressed out about it. Mostly about their reactions but also that they are going to ask me a ton of personal questions I don't think is their business. In the letter I just state that I am going on medical leave but do not give the reason why...hope that's good enough?
    Last edited by torontokids; 12-17-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    It's not their business. You have a "business@ relationship at the end of the day as opposed to "personal" as in they are not your family or friends whom you confide in. Don't feel guilty. Got to put yourself first. A family would be the first to pull out if they needed to for whatever reason leaving us short on space - its just life! But I don't think they would feel guilty about it and nor should you. We are human beings and have a life outside of the dayhome which often some people tend to forget. All this to say, enjoy your party and give notice in the morning. Good luck!

Euphoric !
    Hope it goes smoothly :-)

While your business is very important you have to put you and your baby first.

I would have an answer ready as I would expect some, if not all, parents to ask you verbally why you are going on medical leave. While it is not their business you would be best to have your answer ready, even if just to say you don't care to share details.

Euphoric !
    I'm a fairly open book but I know not everyone is. I don't think too many will ask but if they do, I'd have an answer ready that you're comfortable with!

Hope all is well

Euphoric !
    So it went surprisingly well! This is a particularly nosy group of parents but not one asked me what it was. They said they'd figure it out and not to worry about it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    :-) so glad it went so well.

I like to think that being all parents themselves, and having all had children in recent years they can instinctively know you just don't mess with a pregnant mommy that is looking out for her and her baby's health.

Hope the next month goes smoothly and quickly for you!