Happy Monday everyone!

Now that the holidays are approaching, I've been meaning to ask how everyone feels about Christmas gifts? I hear and read all these amazing gifts that past providers have received - even from my local friend providers tell me of receiving cash, gift cards and a weekly pay raise while I sit here and scratch my head.

For the past 2 years, since my open date and going through about 16 different families (part time, seasonal, full time, night time, etc) I have received 1 homemade treat that consisted of dried egg noodles smothered in chocolate sauce that gave me food poisoning on Christmas Eve..

I always make sure to send children home with 1 wrapped gift and 1 loot bag full of toys, treat and some baked goods and festive playdough which works out to about $25/child.

Am I doing too much? Should I even be expecting anything from families?

My clients (who have been with me for the past 6months-1 year) always tell me how much they love coming here but no one ever shows any kind of appreciation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for fancy gifts but I would feel appreciated even if I received a box of mints.