Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Gifts from parents

Having no coworkers to share with, I thought we could share with each other some of our gifts we received. I never expect anything from them but am always so appreciative of what they choose to give me and shocked by their generosity!

This year I've received:

An owl blanket, owl coasters, owl mug with hot cocoa and $50 to a local restaurant from one (I'm a crazy owl lady lmao....however, I almost never buy owl things!! Everything was given to me)

2 butterfly houses (I've never heard of actually...do I put stuff in it to attract them??) and $50 to the keg from one

A bath soap and hand lotion package (vanilla bean, smells so good!) from one

I like to hear of what others get so what did you receive?? A friend of mine who isn't on here got $150 cash bonus from a family of hers and I thought that was just awesome!! She's newer to doing hdc and was so shocked to receive it and really appreciated it

Outgoing
    I got a card from one family, the child is only here once a month, and I'm sure money is tight for that family. On Friday, I had one family bring a gift for me and a gift for the daycare. The daycare gift was some crafts and stickers, and my gift had a movie gift card, a nice basket, hot chocolate and a mug, nice mittens, and tree ornaments. Another family got me a bag filed with chocolates and a liquor store gift card.
    Two families haven't brought anything, but one mentioned she wanted to bring it tomorrow. Another family only started a week ago, so I bet they are still overwhelmed with starting work, and baby starting daycare, etc.

Euphoric !
    I don't think I'll be getting anything this year. With my closing, they have been focused on that, not the holidays. I did get a box of chocolates from one family and they brought something small for each child which was really thoughtful.

I've been so "not into it" this year with my pregnancy and health issues that I didn't do anything for my DD's teacher. I feel have zero relationship with her (no correspondence home, phone calls, newsletters etc). I think a lot of this has to do with the strike and not having received a report card or teacher interview. I just feel so disconnected from her school this year unlike last year where the teacher was super approachable.

Euphoric !
    I always think it's so nice when they think to give a dc gift or a little gift to each child

Euphoric !
    I still open tomorrow but have gift from ones not here until after Christmas.

Child 1 - $100, home-made fudge and wine
    Child 2 - Spa day
    Child 3 - $75 gift card, chocolate, mug and slipper
    Child 4 - Two fairy door for base board, movie night gift basket with popcorn, chocolate, snacks, bottle wine and beer for husband

I have 2 child here today and tomorrow. One is FT and one is PT.

Outgoing
    I feel bad for you all...no one has been blessed with a 'tube of used self suntanning lotion'....oh and a foil envelope of bbq rub from the restaurant that the parents owned over 10 years ago! Lmao

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Shy
    This is fun! We are all so lucky
    Child 1 epicure stuff-(2 different flavours, chocolate truffle sprinkles), a book of different types of crafts and their family holiday card. He only comes before after school so I honestly wasn't really expecting anything.
    Child 2 two pairs of fleece lined leggings and pink camo jamberry nail wraps they said that's not my 'bonus' but I am more than happy with that!
    Child 3 a lovely sweet treats basket
    Child 4 a cash bonus of $180. Which was beyond amazing!! I cried lol

Shy
    Lmao sandylynn your gifts sound AWESOME hahahaha
    It's the thought that counts though....right?

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    I feel bad for you all...no one has been blessed with a 'tube of used self suntanning lotion'....oh and a foil envelope of bbq rub from the restaurant that the parents owned over 10 years ago! Lmao
    I was just going to say....I need to move or get better families. Jippers!! The most I get is a card and chocolates or another mug to add to the hundreds I already have. Lol. I would love actual caregiver appreciation gifts....GCs, $$, etc. Lol

It is wonderful and appreciative when our clients think of us. In the past, I've gotten gift cards, movie passes, wine.

Last year and this year I have one dcm that brings it upon herself to get all the parents on board to pitch in for a 'daycare classroom materials ' gift bag. Although, it is a nice gesture...I feel that it is technically a gift for their children since I would be using it for daycare to teach THEIR children. Yes, I would not have to spend out of pocket to get glue, construction paper, stickers, etc. Couple that with the fact that most of the supplies are not something I would have bought for my daycare anyway (confetti/small bottles of glue sticks that last for 2 uses...etc.) I feel that this is NOT a gift for me or my family. This year the same mom told me she is doing the same thing...getting all the parents together to pitch in for supplies. I hope my fake smile and nodding of my head looked genuine enough. In my head I'm screaming....."Noooo oo....bad enough she wants to spearhead this "project" but she has ALL my daycare parents pitching in. I hope someone gives me at least a $10 gift card to Timmy's. LOL.