Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by iameatingjam View Post
    Thanks for the responses... And honesty
    I also like the after school idea , especially to begin with. I know it depends on area but are the rates usually similar here or less ?
    Normally less. Toronto and high demand area maybe different. It less hour so less pay. Here, before and after school about $20. Children normally need care from 7am until bus go at 8.20am. Children come back on bus around 2.15pm and stay until 5pm or 6pm. One snack normally given.

If own 5 year old is school age, your reg might allow higher number of children if all school age. If your own child not in school, then limit you researched normally limit.

Think about if you want offer all day care when school closed or not. Normal to charge full day rate if open on school close days just for those days like Summer care or storm day. If you not want all day care, make sure parent know you will be closed if school closed.

Before and after school care rate will be lower because they are in school all day. But when they are with u all day like in the summer, snow days, pd days, etc it's then a full day. My area in Ontario is 45$ a full day and 25$ for school rate

My 5 year old is in school and better yet her school is right across the street from me but we live in a dingy apartment thats why I thought moving would probably be necessary. Lots of vancancies in the area.

I have around 7k left and 3 more ei deposits of $950 before I'm out. So I figure if I live fairly barebones I could last another 3 months before needing income.

From my experience in the area it has always seemed to be more of the child care providers market. I hope I'll be able to find some clients in that time.

Also thought about offering to volunteer at a daycare down the road from me for a while