Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oh boy!!

Euphoric !
    I had a situation similar to this. The parents had recently separated when the child started with me. After a year, his play changed (mom and dad lived in the same house) and I noticed his parents were seeing each other a lot more and appeared to be getting along for the kids (which it wasn't clear whether they were just moving on or the fresh wounds had healed). I mentioned to them that his play had changed and he may be confused about their relationship. They just smiled and told me a couple of weeks later that they were back together and buying a house together. It could have been more awkward, especially because I had no clue they were together, I just figured they were getting along. This was such a brutal divorce too. They sold their house, divorced, fought all the time then got back together and bought another house.

Starting to feel at home...
    I am having issue with payment now. I messaged the Mom yesterday (she prefers text) and reminded her of payment. I haven't heard back and haven't received payment. This afternoon I am going to email her an invoice and remind her that overdue fees will start today if not paid. I am not sure what else to do, I have only ever had to send out reminders and then I get payment that day, I have never had a non payment.

Just keep track and add up the late fees. Can u contact dad?

I just send another email saying:

"Hi! This is another reminder for January fees. The total is $__ including the $25/day late fee. Please make arrangements or emt me at____. Thanks so much"

If I don't hear back then I will email out an invoice and text the dad as well.

I had a feeling that their personal issues were going to effect me. I'm contemplating giving them 30 days notice once I receive payment. I really don't want to be chasing my paycheck because mom and dad are having issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannie For This Useful Post:

I got paid!!! Her reply to my text was "the password is ____". no, oh, I am sorry...nothing. but at least I got paid.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannie For This Useful Post:

For all those who are curious. Mom told me this am that they are separating. she said that she will be staying in their house for the next 3 months but then doesn't know what will happen. I told her that I already knew because her son has been talking about it. She seemed surprised. She also told me that DHB is extremely tired today because he was up late with his dad. Poor boy can barely keep his eyes open.

At pick up last night Dad told him that they were going to his grandparents. DHB asked if his batman toy would be there and when he was told no he started to cry. Dad got mad and yelled at him and "threatened" to take him back home instead. I see this starting to get messy.

I was all ready to hand them their termination notice but will hold off for a bit. Poor kiddo. I am however going to start heavily advertising so that I can fill his spot.

Yikes. Poor boy. Poor parents. Poor family . I'd refil his spot. Divorce is messy or can be at least

Shy
    So I basically had the exact same thing happen. The boy 3 1/2 at the time told me he was going to live with dad in a new house without mom and the dog and I was mostly shocked and sad if this was true. So I asked mom from a completely sympathetic concerned stance and what had happened was that he had gotten a new tree house and they had been talking about sleeping in it with dad. I was relieved to find out a divorce was not true. Now in your case I'm assuming it isn't a tree house and the fighting thing he mentioned is sad. But i would just ask mom from a complete caring point of view. Sad hes leaving and you wont get to keep him and will have to replace his spot but how sad is that? It must have happened quickly. That being sad it also could have been a complete rash decision or heated argument the parents may have had.

Shy
    Oops just saw your reply. Sorry

hi again ladies. More issue and I am not sure what to do. Yesterday My daughter started on the bus. We walked to the bus stop to pick her up and DHB started to throw snow at the other kids faces. I told him not to do that and he had one of his tantrums. He buried his face in a snowbank. I repeatedly asked him to get his face out of the snow and ended up having to physically pull him out. When we got home I noticed his cheeks had big white welts on them. I warmed him up and called his mom. She came and got him and said that it was weird. I mentioned that he keeps having these tantrums. She kind of questioned if it had anything to do with what is going on at home. She then came to the conclusion that it must be because of the change in routine with going to the bus stop. I'm sure that my jaw was on the floor. I don't even know what to think/do at this point. I feel bad for the boy but if I can't even walk to the bus stop....sigh.....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannie For This Useful Post: