Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oh boy!!

Starting to feel at home...

Oh boy!!

Good morning!!

My dhb arrived this morning, sat down for breakfast and proceeded to tell me the following. "Mommy and me are going to be living in a different house without Daddy and Boss (his dog). So Mommy and Daddy don't fight no more. I won't be coming to your house no more and Mommy has to find a new house for me to go to."

Ok, this boy is known to tell elaborate stories, however, this sounds way too grown up of a story for a 4 year old. Would you question the parents on it or wait for the bomb to drop? I don't want to pry and I am sure that they will give the 30 days notice....just wow...anyways......

I would ask. XXX told me a story at breakfast this morning about you guys moving and how he can't come here anymore. I told him if that were true it makes me sad. Is this story true?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would ask. I want know if vacancy coming.

Euphoric !
    Tough call! On one hand, I'm guessing he was only with you until next Fall so you probably knew withdrawal was coming soon but not this soon?

I'd likely leave it be until after Christmas. If it's true, I'm sure it's already a stressful time with Christmas, telling family members, looking for a new house etc and I wouldn't want to add to that right now.

Up until this announcement, He was going to stay with me through kindergarten too since I transport. So it will come as a surprise for sure. I am thinking I will wait until after Christmas as well, definitely a stressful time. Maybe they were just prepping him for a what if scenario. I don't know, seems like such a grown up thing to tell your child if it isn't for sure happening though.

Wow. I'm surprised they would mention a new daycare to him before they mentioned it to you. I'm also surprised that they wouldn't give their child care provider a heads up about such a big change in their child's life situation.

I'm not sure what I would do. I would maybe give them a few days to see if they would tell me and if they didn't and DCB brought it up again, I would bring it up with them.

Outgoing
    You haven't seen ANYTHING....it's usually on the wall....I've had parents split while kiddies are in my care...number one ...dead giveaway is that there is usually a HUGE COMMUNICATION problem between the parents ...ie, when I ask a parent about something...they will say "Oh, she (he) didn't tell me about that"...I'm like "WHAT"...DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN TALK...I asked her (him) to speak to you about that 3 days ago and again when they came last night for pick-up ". I am usually 100% right...they are splitting up....I gave a mother proper heck for not telling me...This little guy I had for a couple of years was acting out all the time...couldn't put my finger on it...unbelieveable what I found out he was witnessing at home between the parents....maybe he just needed that extra hug or little bit more attention at my home to make his day happier....so in closing....DAMN RIGHT I WOULD ASK....

Honestly, if it doesn't seem to be affecting him to much (e.g. he's not crying, angry or constantly talking about it), I wouldn't say anything just yet. Who knows what the actual conversation was that his parents had with him and the parents are probably waiting for what they believe is the right time to inform you. Certainly, if it means that he will no longer be in care, the sooner you know the better. But perhaps his mom is wanting to wait until she finds a new home to provide notice since until that happens, she may not know what their daycare needs will be. Such a sad situation. I know of many families who are able to separate amicably. Hopefully this is the case for this family (assuming that it's true).

so, awkward moment at pick up. Dad picked up last night and as dhb came running down the stairs he says "mommy and I aren't going to live with you anymore!" Dad just said "no, that's not true". Boy says "yes it is, Mommy told me". Dad then got boy's jacket on and left. I texted the Mom later to remind her to send dhb in pj's for our party today and I got no reply....on a positive note...I filled 2 spots for January so if they do give notice it won't be so bad (I've had my share of issues with this family).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannie For This Useful Post:

Wow! I could have not stood there and let him leave. Lol. I would have been like what is he talking about, is everything ok? Lol the suspense is killing me. Haha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post: