Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Daycare in vancouver

my son was born in June and I have been looking for a daycare since then since I'm going back to work next year. I'm in 2 waiting lists and every where I call they don't accept babies under 2.5 years. Even home day cares around us have no space available... also, how do you research about home daycares quality ?we live around 59th ave..

Euphoric !
    Not in Vancouver but for find daycare in home, it too soon to secure space.

Most province have limit on number children home daycare can have. No one can assure you of place for child, until they know they have place to offer otherwise when time come, if they full, they either be over ratio or breaking own contract.

Most dayhome require 2-4 week notice from current client to leave. Unless it September when children aging out, impossible to know someone leaving in June next year. If really want space now, have to find someone with current vacancy and be prepared pay for it until start. Carer not able afford leave space empty for month without pay so new parent happy they have space next year.

Speak to the licensing department and they might be able give list of licensed home for you to research but not likely you would have more than wait list place this soon before need start.

My both kids attend daycare (
    https://cozytime.ca ). I've always felt that the social interaction is very important. I believe that a good daycare is probably better for most children. We are pleased with ours.

I know that it is too complicated and it does not matter in which country you are born. This awaiting list seems to be endless.