3.5k
Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Outgoing
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    290
    Thanked
    55 Times in 48 Posts

    Claiming Used Items

    i just saw a post with a similar question but I thought I would create a new topic to help others who may have my question.

    I am a kijiji-aholic and buy almost nothing new. I started my daycare in April and I have bought 90% of my stuff used from yard sales or kijiji (or even free). The other 10% is stuff my son had been given that is used for daycare purposes (eg, his highchair, playpen, bumbo, toys, booster seat....again, these were all baby shower gifts I would not have reciepts for)

    I know now that I should have written out reciepts by hand like where I bought an item from, address of the yard sale, or something, but I have nothing in paper!!

    Do I guess on prices I paid if I cannot remember, or just state "yard sale, Kingston ON" if I cannot remember addresses of those yard sales?

    Any idea on how I will be able to make some claims come tax time??

    Many thanks ;P
    Last edited by KingstonMom; 11-22-2011 at 09:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Expansive... Judy Trickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In My Own Little World Of Warped Reality
    Posts
    739
    Thanked
    561 Times in 277 Posts
    I just make a note in my accounting ledger that I bought it and what I paid for it. Then at tax time I claim whatever I paid at the time.

  3. #3
    Expansive...
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    929
    Thanked
    158 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingstonMom View Post
    i just saw a post with a similar question but I thought I would create a new topic to help others who may have my question.

    I am a kijiji-aholic and buy almost nothing new. I started my daycare in April and I have bought 90% of my stuff used from yard sales or kijiji (or even free). The other 10% is stuff my son had been given that is used for daycare purposes (eg, his highchair, playpen, bumbo, toys, booster seat....again, these were all baby shower gifts I would not have reciepts for)

    I know now that I should have written out reciepts by hand like where I bought an item from, address of the yard sale, or something, but I have nothing in paper!!

    Do I guess on prices I paid if I cannot remember, or just state "yard sale, Kingston ON" if I cannot remember addresses of those yard sales?

    Any idea on how I will be able to make some claims come tax time??

    Many thanks ;P
    I also make a copy of the ad then get the people to sign that I bought it from then and the date! Like ahand written recipt.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Claiming childcare tax credits
    By admin in forum Financial aid for parents
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2020, 04:51 AM
  2. Claiming fuel on taxes
    By AcornsFalling in forum Managing a daycare
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 11:12 AM
  3. Claiming backyard landscaping?
    By AmandaKDT in forum Daycare equipment & furniture
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
  4. Claiming used items??
    By 5 Little Monkeys in forum Managing a daycare
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 07:18 AM
  5. Claiming A Helper?
    By ttremble88 in forum Managing a daycare
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

A few tips...

If you visited or if you're using a childcare provider found on DaycareBear, do not hesitate to leave a review. This will most certainly help other parents!
Did you know?
DaycareBear is also available in Quebec (in French) and in the U.S!
Simply click on the corresponding flag in the upper-left corner.
Partner in your
search for a daycare provider