Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Claiming Used Items

i just saw a post with a similar question but I thought I would create a new topic to help others who may have my question.

I am a kijiji-aholic and buy almost nothing new. I started my daycare in April and I have bought 90% of my stuff used from yard sales or kijiji (or even free). The other 10% is stuff my son had been given that is used for daycare purposes (eg, his highchair, playpen, bumbo, toys, booster seat....again, these were all baby shower gifts I would not have reciepts for)

I know now that I should have written out reciepts by hand like where I bought an item from, address of the yard sale, or something, but I have nothing in paper!!

Do I guess on prices I paid if I cannot remember, or just state "yard sale, Kingston ON" if I cannot remember addresses of those yard sales?

Any idea on how I will be able to make some claims come tax time??

Many thanks ;P
    Last edited by KingstonMom; 11-22-2011 at 09:08 PM.

I just make a note in my accounting ledger that I bought it and what I paid for it. Then at tax time I claim whatever I paid at the time.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by KingstonMom View Post
    i just saw a post with a similar question but I thought I would create a new topic to help others who may have my question.

I am a kijiji-aholic and buy almost nothing new. I started my daycare in April and I have bought 90% of my stuff used from yard sales or kijiji (or even free). The other 10% is stuff my son had been given that is used for daycare purposes (eg, his highchair, playpen, bumbo, toys, booster seat....again, these were all baby shower gifts I would not have reciepts for)

I know now that I should have written out reciepts by hand like where I bought an item from, address of the yard sale, or something, but I have nothing in paper!!

Do I guess on prices I paid if I cannot remember, or just state "yard sale, Kingston ON" if I cannot remember addresses of those yard sales?

Any idea on how I will be able to make some claims come tax time??

Many thanks ;P
    I also make a copy of the ad then get the people to sign that I bought it from then and the date! Like ahand written recipt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post: