Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Yellow and Green Nasal Discharge

Hi everyone! I was just wondering what everyone's policy is regarding the yellow and green nasal discharge. I used to work at a centre and policy was to be sent home and come back when nasal discharge clears up. I have never had an issue but I sent dcg home today and mom was so annoyed that she is only 15 months and her immune system has developed and due to this shouldn't be sent home and thought I wasn't being fair. Please let me know if this is true and what our thoughts are and what you do! Thanks!

Euphoric !
    Usually when it is green or yellow it means infection. I would ask for child to visit doc to make sure all good. Is it really bad? Any slight fever?

I usually don't send home just based on color but I do mention to parent to keep an eye on things as it usually means some sort of infection starting. All depends too on color and quantity.

Last week really bad diareaha this week wheezing, coughing and yellow nasal drainage

Parent went to doc last week and said everything was okay and next day child projected vomit

Shy
    In my daycare if the child seems ok and is not whiny I let them stay, but if any signs of fever I send them home. I try to be flexible with colds if the child is happy and eating well, as most parents can not take a lot of time off.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorothy For This Useful Post: