Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Exercising during nap?

Im starting a new weight loss program this year. The 21 day fix program. It requires you to excersice 30 mins a day in your home with the provided CDs. I'm thinking I want to do them during nap as I won't have any energy at the end of the day in the evenings. But what would I do after I'm done and I'm all sweaty? Lol. My kids are all hard sleepers and nothing makes them up but I don't think I'd feel comfortable showering while they nap, I don't know? What do u guys do? Any one exercise during nap?

Euphoric !
    I think doing excercise be okay because can stop if child wake up. Like you say, stopping mid-shower after much harder to do instantly.
    If it 30 mins program, it not take long shower after. Maybe get up earlier and do before daycare open? Likely shower in morning anyway so only need find the 30 mins not 30 min and shower time because would be showering anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Good for You Babydom for making up your mind to lose the weight and the hard part is doing the exercise so if it was me I would do the exercise during nap and then bring the sound monitor into the bathroom so I could hear if anyone was awake turn it on loud and have a Quick shower

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Good for you!! I always say I'm gonna exercise during naptime but never do!

My group sleeps 2.5 hours and I have 5-10 minute showers top, so I'd just do it as soon as they go down and I'd have plenty of time before they woke. I'd make sure doors are locked and I'd use the monitor.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Great idea. Thank u!! Now here's to me trying to do it every day! Wish me luck. Lol

Euphoric !
    Aim for 3x a week to start off and work up from there (if you want lol)

Don't push yourself too hard at first or you'll just set yourself up to fail IMO

Good luck!! You've inspired me to put the treadmill down (it was put up to make room for the tree back in nov lol) and hopefully get on there a few times a week

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: