Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Decided to terminate care

Hi Ladies,

After thinking all weekend, I have decided that it is best for my family(and my sanity) if I terminate care for my dhb. I am unsure what I should say in my letter. The boy has always been defiant, had anger issues, epic temper tantrums. The parents brush me off when I try and discuss issues. The most that they say is that they will talk to him about it, but no solution is ever discussed with me. After having to ask for my January fees twice and not even an apology for being late, I have come to my whits end.

Anyways, just some advice on where to start with this letter to terminate.

Thanks ladies

To x and x

This letter is to inform you that your child care for ___________ will be terminated as of (date).
    You care is terminated due to your child's inappropriate behavour and your refusal to help improve the situation.

Then sign it. You don't need anything else. keep it simple and straight to the point. don't add anything emotional. keep it professional.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

I'd write the same as bluerose but also add failure to pay on time as well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yes, list all of the infractions, whether it be behaviour, or payments, or more. Make sure that your letter and your contract are in agreement regarding valid reasons for you to terminate.

Euphoric !
    As already noted just list the end date, the reasons and keep any emotion out of it. Do not apologize in any way.

In person if they are trying to convince you to change your mind etc the most you should do is note that you recognize the inconvenience it causes them but note that they have not been on board with helping you and therefore care cannot continue. No apologies or anything (that will just give them the idea you are in the wrong).

Best of luck.

Euphoric !
    Dear daycare parent
    Due to ongoing behavioral issues as well as late payments i will no longer be providing care for xxxx. The last day available for care will be Jan xx 2016. I wish you all the best in the future.

Regards, Shannie

Tell the parent in person and then hand them the letter and say "here is a copy for your records"
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 01-04-2016 at 12:43 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Please accept this letter as a 30 day notice of termination of care for DHB.
    DHB continues to show behavior issues at the dayhome and I am no longer able to care for him as his behavior is extremely disruptive to the other children in my care.
    The last day of care available for DHB is February 2, 2016.

How does this sound?

Euphoric !
    Honestly I wouldn't give that long. Is that what your contract says? Mine is immediate to 2 weeks. Failure to pay on time is grounds for immediate termination in my contract.

The parents are not likely going to take well to you terminating so the sooner the better as they will likely give you problems

Saying" Please accept this letter" will make them think they have a choose. They don't. Simply state: this letter is your 30 day termination notice.

ok. My contract states 30 days notice needed. If she wants to pull him sooner she is welcome too but I won't be refunding the month she just paid for.