Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

This is going to be a long 2 weeks!

I have just my DD who is almost 4 and DCB who is 2.5 yrs old until I close in 2 weeks. Today was just brutal for me. I am used to being run off my feet and now instead I am bored. DCB is really more of a lone wolf when it comes to playing although he will sometimes engage in imaginary play on occasion (this is new). My DD is getting so frustrated as she keeps asking DCB to play with her and totally willing to do whatever he likes but he has zero interest. I have really eased up on my schedule and rules these last 2 weeks. I have said they can bring their own toys with them and I am being really flexible about out schedule. I had hoped for a laid back 2 weeks but it looks like I am going to have to plan some activities.

I don't want to make anything for them e.g. busy bags as I am closing in 2 weeks and most likely not reopening. I had planned for us to do a lot of outings this week however there was an extreme cold alert today so we only made it half way to the play group before I decided we would go back as it was too cold with the windchill. I signed my daughter up for a parent and tot gymnastic class on Fri mornings with the intention to have her miss these 2 weeks because I have DCB. I mentioned it to them to see if they wanted to enroll him as well as mom is on mat leave but they aren't interested. I am doing some major cleaning and organizing but I'll be honest...its going to be a long 2 weeks!

Outgoing
    Ah man I have been in your shoes ! Still am until spring. I am cooking and baking a lot. I'm Using regular daily things as activities. They like to fold linens and the washcloths as well. I take out buckets of water and we "clean" toys. My Daycare kids are a bit of loners as well and they like low key activities too. We sometimes meet up with other friends at McDonald's for snack. They can play in the structures and I get them a fruit parfait or apple slices. I take them to the dollar store and they can pick out an activity. At least it's only 2 weeks. I've been going like this for months. Hang in there Good luck !!

Euphoric !
    I use my vehicle so I'd be going out every day! We recently went to the pool and we are all excited to go back

If you haven't already, start making some freezer meals for when baby is born? Prepare activities for your daughter to do when baby is here? I'd make up buckets with specific themes and have it ready to grab at a moments notice and know that everything she'd need is already there.

Or just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet and get in lots of special bonding time before baby comes

Euphoric !
    Free play time!!!! Lol

Euphoric !
    Free play for 2 weeks would bore me to death lol

Expansive...
    yes the waiting for something is always hard as they say - Kids can't wait!!!...... and neither can adults LOL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post: