Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Telling price over the phone

Hey fellow daycare operators!

Happy new year to everyone! Can anyone share their technics for talking over the phone with perspective parents without giving away monthly fee amount. It seems like all they want to know what is the fee and as soon as they get it, they never come for a tour and use me as a commodity to compare the prices in the area. My main goal is to get the parents into the daycare for a tour and then close them on the spot in a face-to-face conversation.

Thanks in advance.

Euphoric !
    Personally, I wouldn't bother meeting with anyone unless they knew my price first. No matter how great they think myself and my dc are, if they can't afford it they can't afford it. If they were on the fence about price, they'd be willing to meet me and than make a decision.

There are certain times I phone around for services and cost is a question of mine. I don't have or want to waste time going to business that I can't afford

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I tell them my weekly fee. Its paid bi-weekly. But I only tell them what it is per week. That will be harder with a monthly fee since some months have 4 weeks and other 5 weeks. And I agree with 5 Little Moneys, if they don't like my price over the phone they are not going to like it during the interview.

Expansive...
    I tell them my fee and see if they like it or not , don't need a visit from someone who wants to waste my time by visiting and then tell me can't afford my fees, so it is best to give out the fee info first

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have my price in my ads. No point wasting my time with people contacting me that can't afford my price (it is quite a bit higher than the average).

A family that asks price as their first question is not going to be swayed by you wowing them. If price isn't an issue for them, they won't ask until the come see you...then you can use your magic to convince them. If they ask right away tell them and let them decide to come if they can afford it.

I agree with the above of giving a weekly rate or daily rate instead of monthly...no matter how low your fee it will be high when given as a monthly total!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by omnishock View Post
    Hey fellow daycare operators!

Happy new year to everyone! Can anyone share their technics for talking over the phone with perspective parents without giving away monthly fee amount. It seems like all they want to know what is the fee and as soon as they get it, they never come for a tour and use me as a commodity to compare the prices in the area. My main goal is to get the parents into the daycare for a tour and then close them on the spot in a face-to-face conversation.

Thanks in advance.
    I not see telling price over phone is issue. Some people on tight budget and it really matter. I rather tell on phone and them decide I over budget than give up time in person for interview and find out then.

Those people who price matter to, might wish they could go to someone over their budget but it rare the extra service suddenly make them have more to spend. I might go look at expensive car and able to see why it worth extra cost but it not mean I suddenly able to afford it.

I understand your main goal but parent also have goal of their own. And if that include a set budget and you are more, why waste everyone time?