Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Security/holding deposit

Hello Everyone,

I'm curious on what everyone ask for, for a deposit. I met with a provider and she ask for 4 weeks and that goes towards the last 4 weeks of care and never had any issues ..I usually ask for 2 weeks and goes towards the first 2 weeks, but notice most of the time they'll pull out after a week and not pay the last 2 weeks or give two weeks and not bother coming back-

Thank-you

Euphoric !
    I never used too but realized that it might bite me in the butt one day! Lol. So now I ask for 1 week to go towards the last 4 weeks of care. This gives me enough time to fill their spot and still 3 weeks of income so it's not to hard on the wallet

Personally, I ask for 2 weeks as an 'enrollment' fee upon signing the contract which is used to cover the 2 week notice period upon termination of care.
    I'd say if you're having trouble with parents just walking away without paying, then perhaps think of changing your policy, to have the 2 weeks payment you ask for being counted only towards the last two weeks of care before they leave, that way you're not getting left hanging with no payment for the last week(s) of care.

Euphoric !
    I take a 2 week deposit that goes towards the last two weeks of already commenced care ...

Euphoric !
    I ask for one week. They get it back on final week of care. I require 4 week notice. I call my deposit enrollment fee now, and if they leave within 6 months, they lose it but if they stay longer than 6 month, it credited to final week of care. I look long term client only so this has helped weed out those who really just looking short term.

I ask for 2 wks to hold their spot and it is applied to their last two wks of care. If they drop out before even starting the deposit is non refundable. But if I turn them away before starting then it's refundable

I have a two week enrollment fee that is paid at the time of signing. This CAN go towards their last two weeks of care, but they have to be in care for 52 weeks (1 year) in order for it to go towards their last two week. otherwise they forfeit it.

Expansive...
    2 week enrollment fee to go towards the last 2 weeks of care. I now ask for 1 month's termination notice as well. If there is less than 1 month's notice, or I have to do an immediate termination, then they forfeit the fee.

Euphoric !
    I take 2weeks pay and it goes to their first 2 weeks. I know I am the odd one out on that but I hate having to "hold" onto the money that long. Chances are I spent it already and when they give notice I do t have it for their last 2 weeks of care and still left scrambling - sooooooooo..... I just apply to first 2 weeks and then what the owe is what the owe. I only had 1 family in 5.5 years try to stiff me. They ended up paying. I state right in my contract that I will go to small claims court, have hefty late fee and require 4 weeks notice when they leave.

Euphoric !
    I don't technically hold on to it either. It's long spent by the time they leave but I just take it out of my savings account when they leave if I need it