Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Never have I posted on daycare bear about having issues with AP parents involving things that were stated in the thread nor on this website. I have in fact had issue with AP family one time and have decided after that experience that type of parenting style does not work for my daycare setting and i is not welcome, lastly I am AP which is why I wanted to stay at home with my children. The most recent issue I had with same ex client is getting harassed for deposit since end of September which escalated to small claims . I am sure I am not the only one who has had issue with AP.

Euphoric !
    I find some aspect of AP difficult in group care. I think we all do depend on what aspect parent embrace. Laying with child to sleep is something that will make me decline client and wearing child too something I find hard to wean off in daycare.

But from this, the lesson I think is not interact and get into back and forth with client on-line and not try justify reason by share details of business issue.

If must comment, and it wiser not to, something simple like 'I sorry you feel this way. The termination was within agreed terms of contract and I had done all I could to try and resolve issues with you. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me privately and I am happy to do that." You cannot get into justifying details on line with group strangers rubbing hands and enjoying show. Most people in groups like this will never be a client anyway - not because they AP but because only handful people in any group on-line or real life, will be client. This could be church meeting and only handful people only ever be client. This would been under radar if handled better but now, large group have poor view of professional and they will remember name. If it come up in conversation now with their friend or family, this incident will be remembered and repeated.

The damage not done by the client because these group always have some bashing from opinionated persons with half facts. The damage done by provider choosing get involved and make business matter, public.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolamom View Post
    Never have I posted on daycare bear about having issues with AP parents involving things that were stated in the thread nor on this website. I have in fact had issue with AP family one time and have decided after that experience that type of parenting style does not work for my daycare setting and i is not welcome, lastly I am AP which is why I wanted to stay at home with my children. The most recent issue I had with same ex client is getting harassed for deposit since end of September which escalated to small claims . I am sure I am not the only one who has had issue with AP.
    The post history shows it was not crayolamom that created the post. She, along with many of us, had numerous posts on the many pages of posts within that thread but it was created by another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    The post history shows it was not crayolamom that created the post. She, along with many of us, had numerous posts on the many pages of posts within that thread but it was created by another member.
    Lee-Bee, it was a completely different thread that Mama2boys was referring to that was started by crayolamom. I wouldn't have thought much of it, except there were some similarities (both cases happened in October, involved AP parents and both providers have a 3-week transition policy in their contracts). And I still wouldn't have questioned it if Mama2boys didn't mention that the poster seems to have more details about this case than what's written on the facebook page (which I cannot verify since I haven't seen the facebook page). Plus, there was another thread on this forum back in September started by crayolamom (which sadly got a bit nasty) and some members questioned on that thread whether crayolamom and the other member that we are thinking of were the same person. So it was for these reasons that I started questioning it. But I will happily admit if I'm wrong and apologize if I am.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaL View Post
    Lee-Bee, it was a completely different thread that Mama2boys was referring to that was started by crayolamom. I wouldn't have thought much of it, except there were some similarities (both cases happened in October, involved AP parents and both providers have a 3-week transition policy in their contracts). And I still wouldn't have questioned it if Mama2boys didn't mention that the poster seems to have more details about this case than what's written on the facebook page (which I cannot verify since I haven't seen the facebook page). Plus, there was another thread on this forum back in September started by crayolamom (which sadly got a bit nasty) and some members questioned on that thread whether crayolamom and the other member that we are thinking of were the same person. So it was for these reasons that I started questioning it. But I will happily admit if I'm wrong and apologize if I am.
    Ok...I don't know for sure but this post sounded very familiar to what was posted on here in October by a caregiver. It sounded a lot like what was being mentioned on this post. When I checked back to clarify I noted it was not crayolamom that had started it.

Who is involved in what, I have no clue. People get so weird on online forums and things can get messy fast. What ever is going on, hopefully the party being wronged can keep their head up and those that are acting poorly can move on without doing any further harm.

Parents can parent in weird ways. It can make an already hard job even harder on us caregivers...so parents do need to realize that sometimes their parenting style will results in being terminated...it is for the benefit of all involved. Parents just need to accept it and find more suitable care. They really do not benefit from trying to force others to change their ways to accommodate.

I just dont see the purpose of a member having 2 accounts and posting the same issue @ the same time on this forum with 2 different accounts. That would be a piece of cake to decode and i wouldnt be that stupid.
    anyway regardless of who posted what on what thread i was just curious about your opinions on bashing a provider on social media

Thanks to all that responded