Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Getting around in the snow

With the cold weather and snow here to stay, I'm finding it very difficult to get around town with two 1 year olds and a 2 year old using the double stroller and walk method that works well in snowless months. My town does a terrible job of plowing sidewalks, if they get plowed at all. The stroller is very difficult to push through the snow and the 2 year old gets tired from walking in snow. I recently tried out a friends huge sled with high sides, and I liked it, but it has no buckles. The day I tried it, I had one 1 year old and one 2 year old. The 2 year old sat up no problem for the whole walk, but the 1 year old was sliding down from sitting position and I eventually had to lay her down, which she hated. I could cut slits in the sides and bottom to install a few 3 point harnesses, I would have to find a store that just sells the buckles. I just find it surprising that no company has produced a solution to taking toddlers out in winter, but maybe I haven't looked in the right places. Has anyone found a place that sells sleds for multiple toddlers? Has anyone here modified a sled to use for multiple toddlers? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Outgoing
    I have this one

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/tw...age_reviews_li

and I attached a third single place one at the back. I can sometimes sit 2 in the front.

I also have a large black I can fit 3 kids in. It's deep and have high hedges so I sit the small one in the back so the edge help her sit up straight. I don't know where I got that one from however.

Expansive...
    would a belt in the cuts at one side of the upper part of the sled and back keep the 1 year up so you don't have a cut in the bottom of the sled dragging along the snow ready to rip

Expansive...
    I use the Runabout stroller. The huge wheels make it fine for me in the winter.
    If you're looking to buy straps/buckles, you can get them at the sewing section at Walmart or Fabricland. I've had to replace them before on my wagon/booster seats etc.

Euphoric !
    I use a quad runabout stroller too. It works great in the snow surprisingly!!