Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

What do you think?

So I have this parent who is actually really nice most of the time. The last 3 months in a row she has "forgot" to pay me. I reminded her 2 hours before deadline all three time so I wouldn't have to charge her late fee and she always Said I'm so sorry and sent it right away. They also has issues withat vein 10 minutes late a couple times a month which really gets on my nerves especially when they don't warn me.

Well I'm under A LOT of stress right now. Taking care of the house, my son, wedding planning and dieting. Plus it's like the kids sense my stress because they are ALL acting put especially my own.

Yesterday was my tipping point and I honestly just cried for like 2 hours after this mom walked into my house. ( I usually always have door locked) 15 minutes late. The level of disrespect just really broke me especially withe how hard I have been working especially withher daughter who I am single handedly potty training.

I decided this afrrnoon I needed to say something so I sent her this

Hey Courtney, I wasn't going to say anything about you being late yestersay which isn't a big deal once in a while just wish you had told me. I'm very uncomfortable with the way you just walking into the house. You are always welcome to come in during day home hours but it is still my home and walking in without knocking is not acceptable. I just want to make sure you know my feelings about that for the future.

What do you guys think? Am I over reacting or was the message justified?

Shy
    I think you have a good reason to be upset and also annoyed by her behaviour. I am one of those people who doesn't say anything to avoid conflict until I get enough and I'm done with the situation and the person. You did the right thing by saying something to her before the situation or the way you feel gets worse.

Euphoric !
    Do you have a late pickup fee? I do not allow late pickups! I know sometimes things happen but I let my families know right from the start it is not ok! I charge $1 for every minute late. Anything over 15 minutes is charged full day rate. I also have in my contract that they risk termination for late pickup and late payment.

That being said parents can be busy/stressed etc just like us. I send email reminders the day before payday to everyone reminding of payday. I have no problem asking for my cheque before a parent walks out the door payday Friday morning. As for knocking on the door that isn't an issue for me as I welcome families to just come in. Most don't knock and it doesn't bother me.

I would get a little tougher on parents being late and paying late.

Euphoric !
    Does she walk in during regular hours, or knock and wait? I see no reason for her to assume that because she is late she should not longer walk in if that is what she usually does.

If this is the case then the real issue is that she is late and that her payments have been late. Discuss those matters with her.

if you don't make it known (charge late fees if needed) then the issue will remain unsolved and she will continue with being late and having late payments (or near late if you remind her).

Stop emailing just before payment is due. It's not your job to do a last minute reminder. Let her be late, charge the late fee and she will take it upon herself to change her behavior (because she has a reason too).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post: