Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Termination.

No deposit. I used it for her first two wks. So how should I word it??? Thanks

Euphoric !
    What is your usual end of care policy? Do they need to provide a certain amount of notice (paid)? If so then word it so they are giving notice and don't have to pay for that notice period after the child leaves care. Much harder to enforce but hopefully it is enough for them to decide and give notice.

Since you only terminated one child they technically need to give notice if they wish to pull the other child. They likely aren't thinking about this so you just need to remind them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

I gave three wks notice to brother pay still required. Same will be required for sister. But how do I word that? Lol

Euphoric !
    I would hand them written notice today saying that you have terminated boy as of --- day. Also state in there what payment is required and when. Then state that should they wish to discontinue care for the other child that --- days are required for notice as per your contract.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Just out of curiosity, what if they decide to keep the girl with you? If they really don't want to pull her now, will you terminate? They might find a spot for the boy but count on you still having the girl with you, maybe at least until a spot opens up at the new place. You're assuming they'll take her out right away and leave you with two open spots. You said you have a new family and two kids signed up, did you give them a definite start date?

I had three spots open. Two filled. So I termed the boy. Sister can stay. I was really hoping she would. But I texted asking mom this afternoon and she will leave as well. So still one spot to fill. I knew she wouldn't stay. Two drop off and pick ups are hard enough but she took the news really hard and it be just weird and awkward if sister stayed. I feel sooooo sad. I feel like I failed I feel bad for sister because she doesn't even know what's happening and will miss it here. I feel mad at brother and mom for not helping in his adjustment into daycare. And I hope sister doesn't blame brother for screwing things up. I know we will all move on and sister will forget and adjust well at only being 3yrs old. But just today I feel sad and bad for her . Two new kids have a signed start date yes.