Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Bare with me.....another termination question :)

Hi again. I'm sure most remember my last post on how I have a 1 and 3 yr old siblings and the 1 yr old is going on to 4 mths and still crying. I have decided to terminate. I have an interview this morning for two children and she wants to come see my place first by herself then if it's good come back with the children tomorrow morning and if that's all good..... sign on. So I can have replacements by tomorrow afternoon, here's hoping .

So if that works out I would like to term on Monday morning. I'm giving my three wks notice. BUT Monday is family day and I'm closed. I don't want to term on the Tuesday nor by text or email. So it is proper and ok to call the mom on the Monday and give my notice??? Thanks for the help

just call her sat after your interview. It's canning season

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I think termination should be in writing. It good to be able to prove it. I would suggest calling Mom on Monday and give notice but then back it up that day with e-mail so you have copy proving notice was given on Monday and not different date.

Do e-mail something like this "As discussed on the telephone with you this morning, please accept this as Formal notification of Termination of service. I am require give 3 weeks notice so your final day of care will be Friday 4th March, 2016.

All fees are due as normal during this notice period. Fees are due regardless of attendance during notice period."

Detail any information about deposit applied to final week of care if you do that. Detail exactly when pay is due and how much.

Must put in writting. Don't just leave as call only.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: