Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No means No!!

Shy

No means No!!

Last year when I started my dayhome I agreed to watch my 8 year old neighbour's kid during the summer and some days once he started school. Sometimes she needed me to start as early as 6:00 am even knowing that daycare hours are from 7:30 to 5:30 pm. Anyway I did that as a favour knowing that she is a single mom and it was only for a few months. she is the kind of person That asks you for something, you say no and a few day later she will ask for the same thing!! and if she doesn't get the answer she wants she will ask again...well, this summer I can't take this kid in because 1) I have a group of 6 kids between the age of 2 and 6. And 2) I am able to keep her kid busy for 2 hours but after that he gets so bored that doesn't want to do Anything at all. I already told her the reasons why he can't be here full days and can't be here in the summer either but its like talking to a wall...it's so frustrating!! I don't want to be rude but I just dont know how I can make her get it that the special treatment and favour are not longer available!!
    Last edited by mom123; 02-14-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Euphoric !
    All you can do is stand firm, keep repeating yourself and not let it get to you. Because no does mean no and no matter how many times she asks you will say no. Be ready to turn her away at the door if she doesn't take the hint before the summer...but she will get it eventually.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Just be clear - we have ratios that must be followed and I not willing to risk losing my business or be fined if have too many children. There no place available for your child this summer as priority given to those who give me income year round. If you want, next time I have vacancy, you can pay for place year round and that give you priority over it in summer months. But at moment, there no spare place to give you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Tell her she was Very Lucky that you could take her child when you did but now there are New Rules for Daycare that you MUST FOLLOW and now it would be better if she could put a notice at the school to see if any stay at home Mom can take care of her child now as you are full going with the new LAW