Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I also say apply for the job! Apply for many jobs, even if you don't really want it. With being out of the workforce for so long, the interviewing process will be good for you so that when a job you REALKY want comes along, you will feel more confident in your interview skills!

Good luck!

I think the isolation takes a toll. Pair that with the typical Canadian winter and the joys of "cabin fever" and it can really take a toll. List of pros and cons wouldn't work for me. I can talk myself in and out of anything. Plus, a pro would be money, but money can't buy happiness.

I have been so happy since going to school. That getting up and going out of the house and the socializing that comes with it has really helped pull me out of a slumber. Now I am opening my daycare again out of financial necessity, I have to make previsions to prevent this from being a slippery slope. I love the program I offer and the children when I have a good group bring me great joy, but the lack of mental stimulation and social interaction is a killer for me. I did this for 10 years and will likely complete my undergrad over the next 3 years simultaneous to running the daycare but I'll be going to at least one night school class a semester in the hopes of avoiding getting stuck again.

It doesn't sound like you have much time mickyc to do anything for yourself. Is that maybe something you can address? Sounds like you are a full time caregiver to the daycare kids and your own children in addition to the pressure of having multiple jobs. I know that feeling and it doesn't leave much time to look after yourself.

Euphoric !
    Yes I think I will apply. I actually found a second job I want to apply for.

I think I am feeling under under stimulated mentally. I have enjoyed doing things for my husbands business- creating documents, invoices, templates. I am tired of whining, crying, poopy diapers, kids songs, cartoons, arts & crafts, wiping pee off the floor by the toilet, cooking, cleaning, etc! I know it will likely take awhile to find a job but that's ok. I will miss wearing comfy clothes, not having to drive to work in winter, all the tax write offs.

Expansive...
    Sounds like it is a good time to try for that job and tell us if / when you get a job
    Good luck

Shy
    There are lots of businesses that want documents, invoices and templates done over the internet. Maybe you could try and get some online work for now til you find something permanent? They call them virtual assistants. It's something you could even work on during daycare hours. I know it's easier said than done. I planned on working on my ebook during daycare hours but I'm just not in that 'mood'. When the kids are around I feel drained and unmotivated and I find myself just waiting for the day to be over. But I am trying to force myself to do a little bit here and there and it makes me feel better once I get a bit done. Even if it's just researching.

One thing I find helps is a structured day. I find I have the biggest issue with this feeling if the day is just free play. I chunk the day up into specific time slots and decide what we are doing at those times. It doesn't mean that it's a big activity like an art and craft requiring lots of prep, but maybe an adult led group activity, like only having the blocks out and playing together as a group to build a big tower. This is a good activity for a 20 minute block. Or maybe a sensory pack goes in the sensory table and the kids all play with that. This could last a good 30 minutes. It makes the day go much quicker too. Additionally, I schedule my break time so that I'm not spending to much time surfing versus getting things done. I have to manage my schedule pretty tightly now that I have a study timetable to stick to, but I'll be also giving myself 1 day a week to veg out, catch up on tv etc. This way I get through the day quickly and positively rather than just dreading the day by 9am. Small blocks of time, 20-30 minutes for indoor activities, longer outdoor garden playtime period but then maybe setting up activity stations and having them switch every 15-20 minutes, and then a period of free play. My group has free play from drop off at 7:30 until 9 when my kids have gone off to school and then again from 3:45-5pm. This way they develop the independent skills and don't need me to be able to play, but then the rest of the day wizzes by because its never that long till we have a change up to keep things moving along nicely.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree with bright. Free play is great and awesome and definitely needed BUT I prefer a more structured day. Even during structured/planned activities, free play occurs but the schedule of it helps ME feel better. It makes me feel like I did a good job today and that I accomplished something.

I am constantly planning, pinning, researching things for daycare. It over stimulates me sometimes lol...so much so that I dream about my dck's way too often! My brain never shuts dc stuff off haha

do you mind sharing how long have your been opening your daycare? I am newly licensed and I am already feeling exhausted....