Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    Hi Superfun!

Thank you for the note and I appreciate the feedback! Yes, my mom and I used to run a family kids entertainment business a few years ago and loved it. This allowed us to work with kids again but a smaller scale. I agree, it is very hard to find reliable individuals to work with in a close environment.

Shy
    Thank you babydom, appreciate the response!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    Hi! I'm also in manitoba. I've looked into the group childcare, I would like to do it, but it's so hard to find another adult that I want to work with and rely on every day. Good for you guys!
    As far as your situation, I agree with 5LM, my advice is the same as hers.
    When I move to a bigger home, it's something I've considered too! Let's do it I wonder how sick days work tho....if one is too sick to work is there a group of kids that can't come that day? Or do you get a sub? Or do you close completely?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    When I move to a bigger home, it's something I've considered too! Let's do it I wonder how sick days work tho....if one is too sick to work is there a group of kids that can't come that day? Or do you get a sub? Or do you close completely?
    My friend runs a group childcare, and she typically gets a sub for any time her or her coworker are away. But if that isn't possible, then only 5 kids are allowed to come in.

Edited to add: if we want to seriously look into it in the future, we should probably get our ece diploma. Whoever has it should use their house, so the rates are the same as a centre. However, I think we could still choose to not be funded.
    Last edited by superfun; 03-03-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Euphoric !
    How do they decide which 5?

Ugh, I don't want to go back to school lol. I have half of year one finished though lol. Due to finances at the time (I was single) I had to go back to work

Sorry to get off topic!!

Outgoing
    I'll text you. I wanted to challenge it, there was a competency based assessment, but I needed to be licensed for 2 years first. And now they aren't taking applicants, because they might close the program.

Shy
    Hey there,

We have only needed a sub a couple of times in 7 months. It helps with two people for meal prep, activities, etc.

I am actually taking my ECE to become a director right now through distance. It is challenging some days but I keep thinking it will be worth it in the long run. I would like to open a smaller centre in 2 years...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Buggaboo For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    There is certainly a shortage. I'm sure you would have a lot of support if you opened a small centre.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post: