Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teacher Rates

Expansive...
    I don't know why teachers talk as if they are not well paid - They are

Euphoric !
    Same issue here. Teacher pretending they not get paid over summer when I know they do. They contracted to work less than 200 day a year, and get paid for all 365 until on contract covering mat leave. When their mortgage company not charge them for when they not using their home (vacation), then I will consider not charging them for when they not use daycare place. But since most teacher earn $70+ and I earn around $22k, I not going to financially make their life easier because they over committed their money. Plus, it not that they can't afford it. Normally, it because they not want give up their extras, like cottage, vacation x 2 year, things I think of as "wants" not "needs". I not losing money so they can afford 2nd vacation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Great thanks for all your responses, I think I will do what most of you do and charge for the full year and have a holding fee for the summer.

Euphoric !
    Here in MB (and maybe everywhere) teachers are paid a salary. They sign a 10 month contract but they can choose to get paid over 10 months or 12. IMO, they aren't necessarily paid FOR summer but can be paid DURING summer.

While I do think most teachers make a decent wage, the younger ones aren't making that much in the beginning and a lot of it goes to their student loans (like others who have student debt! Doesn't make them any diff but still)

Every teacher I've had has had an extra job...whether it be a pt job or just one of those home selling businesses. I had one family, both parents taught and both had pt jobs plus their own side business.

Regardless though, I still charge them for the summer as MOST times they're still making more than the average parent.