Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teacher Rates

Shy

Teacher Rates

Hi there,
    I'm getting my business set up to start in September. I'm wondering if any of you have different rates for teachers due to the fact they don't need care for their kids during school holidays. If so what do you charge? Thanks!

Euphoric !
    I charge per spot not days attended. There are many professions (and shifts) that might not need mon-fri full time care but if you sign on with me, that's what you're paying for.

However, I do have a holiday fee that I charge if I know ahead of time that they won't be here. I would charge them that all summer. I'm looking at filling two spots this Fall and am revising my contract. Right now I charge $10/less per day as the holiday fee but am considering having a cap on that and anything after that will go down to only $5/day off

Shy
    I agree with you five little monkeys. I also charge per spot regardless of the profession. If the person is needing a spot but not for the summer I charge a holding fee for that spot. I charge half the full time time rate. This way I know they really want that spot and not change their mind and I end up turning away other potential clients. Teachers earn a very good salary and can easily afford this. I have one teacher I do this with without complaint.

Shy
    I learned the hard way to charge per spot, I allowed too much flex. time and it bit me in the butt! For the 3 teachers I have, I provided a holding fee option over the summer. They pay $200/child for the 2 months of summer to hold their spot until September.

Euphoric !
    I don't set any of my rate based on who parent employed by. I have set rate, it paid for day reserved not attended, it applies to all no matter who they work for or how many children they have with me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have always had a teacher and my deal is they pay regular fee, same as everyone else sept 1st to July 1st. I then fill their summer spot if I can with no charge to them. In the event I cannot fill the 2 months they are required to pay full-time. I have always had no problem filling the summer.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I have always had a teacher and my deal is they pay regular fee, same as everyone else sept 1st to July 1st. I then fill their summer spot if I can with no charge to them. In the event I cannot fill the 2 months they are required to pay full-time. I have always had no problem filling the summer.
    I used to do this too but I admit, I no longer try that hard to find a replacement for them. Transitions alone can take 2-4 weeks and our summers are SO short, I want to enjoy them!! If I have someone wanting summer only or if the parent knows someone who wants to fill the gap than I'll consider it but I no longer offer this deal as strong as I once did

I give teachers 3 options. university/college teachers - September to end of April pay one amount. elementary/high school teachers - September to end of June pay a different amount. both pay a higher rate than my all year clients. basically they pay for the full year within their school months. that why they are guaranteed a spot the following September.

my 3rd option is that they pay my reg. full year rate and pay me all year whether or not they attend for the summer or not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I not do this either. For me, school age children have different program requirement. I not willing to try and find replacement client on behalf of one who want summer off, to then have separate program and also to lose out on nap time when I prep for afternoon. I had someone ask me to do this one time but no, not for me. I not run around trying find fill in client when anyone else on vacation so they not have pay their place. Life too short.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have had wonderful kids over summer for the past 6 years. It has never been an issue for me. I don't offer any different of a program than usual. It isn't always school aged kids I have had either - one year was a 4yr boy out from BC visiting grandma but grandma worked during the day. She even called me the next summer but I was already full, another was the neighbors 3yr old granddaughter whose daycare closed for summer, another was the sweetest 2 yr old little girl going to a center in sept but dad's job switched to days and they needed summer care, the other summers have been an older sibling of a current daycare child. This summer will be that family again. This is also a child I had in my daycare before so not an issue. She knows the rules, colors, reads and watches TV during nap. I still do what I need to do- only difference is instead of Dr.phil/Ellen I watch Jessie/boy meets world/shake it up! Lol. This year that family has already booked a week off for holidays and mom mentioned this morning grandma might take them for another week.

I don't mind the change up of kids for summer and for me it's always worked fine

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: