Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Unhappy Please remove

please remove
    Last edited by sgmartel; 03-17-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have found that it's few and far between to have a baby that adjusts right away. I have had ones that are happy from the start but need to adjust to a new schedule, and I have had ones that are still screaming after a month of care.

I find that a lot of parents don't think of this when they are on mat leave. They coddle them, have no routine, pick them up as soon as they wimper. Then they expect you to have them adjust to daycare right away.

I say that it's up to you, as you are the one having to listen to the screaming, but just be honest with the parents as well, as to what's going on. Because if you have to term, it won't be a big shock.

I've had both. One that screamed and I lasted 4mths then termed him. I got his replacement in and she came in like she had been here for yrs. no crying. Smiling all the time. Napping three hrs. Eating. No issues. Was awesome!!!!

Euphoric !
    I find for kids who are 16 months and up transition is quick and fast. I too am tired of the crying! I had a new one start a month ago and she still cries a lot! Some days go great others are terrible- today is a bad day. I have a new one starting in 2 weeks. Ugh....

I have only termed 1 kid after day 3. I couldn't stand it any longer! He wouldn't stop, wouldn't eat or sleep! At least this new one sleeps and eats. I sure hope the new one does!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I prefer 16months to 3! I only like over 3 if they start with me.

Why no playpen?

Outgoing
    I had a baby start in December, and she was great. She was 11 months when she started. I needed that! The child she replaced was a very grumpy child, and cried about everything. And he was here for 18 months by the time he left. I am so happy this little girl is so happy and smiley. She has never cried at drop off. She adjusted to our daily routine perfectly. And she loves everyone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I expect transitions to last about 2-4 weeks. I go in thinking they're going to be terrible (don't let the kids know this tho!!) and than I'm always surprised when they aren't lol. Over the years, I've only had a few REALLY hard transitions thank goodness!

Hopefully they adjust soon!

Expansive...
    I have a 12 month baby that just started a month ago and guess what , she is well adjusted !!!
    I was expecting the worst as another daycare terminated her after 2 weeks !!! but she is happy crawling around so I am so surprised, but she does scream and cry while we are outside and the other kids are busy playing

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by sgmartel View Post
    We are not allowed playpens in our registered day home's here. They say it's a danger and baby could slip in between the bottom mat and wall and then die. It's very annoying, they want us to get Cribs. I refuse.
    Have there been cases of this happening to make them ban it? I find it highly unlikely for this to happen, playpens are made of thing breathable material. Most playpens have the straps to secure the bottom down.

Same here. I'm in Ontario. Unfortunately a close friend of mine had her baby taken from CAS last wk. but fortunately I was able to get her in my care being a close local friend. And when they came to do the interview to make sure the house was safe the first thing they asked was where will she sleep. So I brought her upstairs and said I have five playpens from daycare and only two being used so I plan on just using one for her. They flat out said oh no. If u want to get her in your care ull need a bed or a crib. They said they are PLAYpens. They are meant to put a baby in a safe spot for a small amount of time so the mommy or caregiver has her hands free but they are not meant nor safe to sleep in. I was like urgh!!! So I took my two yr old daycare girl out and onto a cot. Got a bed for my friends baby and will have to get a crib for my 1yr old daycare girl, thankfully IKEA has small cribs so I won't have to get a full size one. If I were with an agency I wouldnt be able to use Playpens either. My do have the straps to secure it to the bottom. But one of my one yr olds still got in under there one day. Lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post: