Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I personally believe this is a pile of fertilizer. Cas is just getting stupider in my honest opinion.

Sleep Safety
    JAN 6
    Posted by CCPRN
    Many home child care providers use portable playpens, or ‘Pack ‘N Play’s for naptime sleep arrangements.

sleep safety pack & play

These are a practical alternative to cribs because they are small, inexpensive and fold up compactly when not in use. But before using a playpen in your daycare there are safety issues to consider:

– Follow the instructions for use and size/weight restrictions of the product.

– Playpens are not as durable as cribs and require regular inspection to ensure their safe use. Only use the mattress that was supplied with the playpen. Check for soft spots that could pose a suffocation hazard. Discard as soon as a hole has been poked through the mesh sides. A child can climb out or become entangled if there is even the smallest hole in the side of the play yard. There is also a risk of choking if there are any tears in the fabric.

– Be sure that all four sides of the playpen are locked in place before use.

– Do not place a child in the playpen when a bassinet or changing station is attached. Babies should not be placed on the attachments to sleep.

– Do not add items such as pillows or extra padding that could cause a child to suffocate in a play yard or a crib. Large toys and stuffed toys should not be placed in the playpen because your child could use them to climb out.

– Play yards are not recommended for unsupervised sleep. For example, they are not a good solution for night time sleeping or for sleeping in another room.

Older playpens come with greater safety concerns. Check the Health Canada Consumer Product Safety website for more details.

Where you place your child’s playpen or crib should also be carefully considered. Do not place near hanging blind cords or near furniture that can be reached to pull themselves out of.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    Sleep Safety
    JAN 6
    Posted by CCPRN
    Many home child care providers use portable playpens, or ‘Pack ‘N Play’s for naptime sleep arrangements.

sleep safety pack & play

These are a practical alternative to cribs because they are small, inexpensive and fold up compactly when not in use. But before using a playpen in your daycare there are safety issues to consider:

– Follow the instructions for use and size/weight restrictions of the product.

– Playpens are not as durable as cribs and require regular inspection to ensure their safe use. Only use the mattress that was supplied with the playpen. Check for soft spots that could pose a suffocation hazard. Discard as soon as a hole has been poked through the mesh sides. A child can climb out or become entangled if there is even the smallest hole in the side of the play yard. There is also a risk of choking if there are any tears in the fabric.

– Be sure that all four sides of the playpen are locked in place before use.

– Do not place a child in the playpen when a bassinet or changing station is attached. Babies should not be placed on the attachments to sleep.

– Do not add items such as pillows or extra padding that could cause a child to suffocate in a play yard or a crib. Large toys and stuffed toys should not be placed in the playpen because your child could use them to climb out.

– Play yards are not recommended for unsupervised sleep. For example, they are not a good solution for night time sleeping or for sleeping in another room.

Older playpens come with greater safety concerns. Check the Health Canada Consumer Product Safety website for more details.

Where you place your child’s playpen or crib should also be carefully considered. Do not place near hanging blind cords or near furniture that can be reached to pull themselves out of.
    Whatever you say is not going to help. I didn't say I thought play pens were unsafe. I said that licensing will not allow it. So if I want my job, I follow the rules or I get shut down. I think it's a ridiculous rule, but I have no choice. Play pens are not permitted in my registered day home.

Says right here......

Play yards are not recommended for unsupervised sleep. For example, they are not a good solution for night time sleeping or for sleeping in another room.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmartel View Post
    Whatever you say is not going to help. I didn't say I thought play pens were unsafe. I said that licensing will not allow it. So if I want my job, I follow the rules or I get shut down. I think it's a ridiculous rule, but I have no choice. Play pens are not permitted in my registered day home.
    I was just including what ccprn has on their website since it seemed as if others were interested in the fact that you have said that the cas worker said that you must use a crib model. I'm curious too, and just called the location in Ottawa and according to them they said that pack and plays were perfectly fine if used in the model shown above. I just think that if this is an aspect that is going to be in forced then i can see some local daycares closing due to room alone

I was the one that had the cas worker over I'm sure in my case it is different as the baby will be sleeping naps and overnight. So maybe then I can't use a playpen because it's not just for naps. But she also said its a health concern said by health Canada. I switched my daycare out of them to be safe I had the rm to do so. Every agency works differently. Some say it's ok and others don't. The one sgmartel works for doesn't and that's what she was saying