Quote Originally Posted by SFDC View Post
We do before and after school care, for $20.00 per day, one of the things we do, is get the school kids to show us their lunch sacks for snack time, if they still have lunch left often (more often than not) they eat that. This helps with the added cost to our snack bill. We also have it stipulated that their $20 only covers 2 hours in the A.M. 6:30 to 8-8:30 we start to get ready to go by 8:00, can take a while some days, we leave no later than 8:30. and 2 hours in the evening, we get back no later than 3:30, kids must be picked up by 5:30.
I was just curious how the parents react to you serving the child's leftover lunch for their afternoon snack and how you decide what out of their lunch to give them? Don't get me wrong, I'll all for eliminating waste and saving costs. However, I'm also not sure if I'd want my kids to eat food that's been sitting in their bags all day. I think I'd rather hear/see that my children weren't eating all their lunch so that I could adjust their lunch portions and then know that they were getting a fresh snack from their DCP after school (especially if it's part of the daycare cost). Just curious.