Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Monthly Expenses

What can I expect to be paying out each month for various expenses? I'm trying to work out how may kids I need to take in order to cover expenses and still earn enough to be comfortable/cover living costs. Thanks!

Euphoric !
    Check provincial regs because most are limited between 6 and 4 children and some provinces, that includes your own.

I provide food, milk and I find my expenses average about $8 per child, per day. That include all day heat, we not have water bill because we on well, property tax, insurance, maintenance, food, toys and crafts.

Starting to feel at home...
    I was actually coming onto this board to ask the same question! Approximately how much per day or week do you spend on operational costs?

Anyone else want to share?

Insurance 150 a month, food 500, crafts 100, monthly replacements 10 a month per child, steam cleaning 25 a month, and about 500 a year for things like a new stroller a year. then the increase to hydro water ect thats about 100 a month, 50 a week for house cleaning

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 33 Daiseys For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    Insurance 150 a month, food 500, crafts 100, monthly replacements 10 a month per child, steam cleaning 25 a month, and about 500 a year for things like a new stroller a year. then the increase to hydro water ect thats about 100 a month, 50 a week for house cleaning
    What about paying taxes? Do you pay at the end of the year or save a little each month/make contributions throughout the year?

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Britishmum View Post
    What about paying taxes? Do you pay at the end of the year or save a little each month/make contributions throughout the year?
    SElf employed pay end of year. Set aside income from one child and it should be plenty. When you do your tax return, it tell you what you owe for CPP, taxes and EI if you opted in to EI. Pay when you submit tax return.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Just curious 33 daiseys...do you write-off 50.00 a week for housecleaning? and 25 a month for steam cleaning?

I have a cleaner too and my accountant says I am only entitled to write off the portion of the house used for daycare, so he only uses a portion of my weekly bill based on the square footage of daycare space.

I'm also curious to know what you have steam cleaned monthly

Outgoing
    ok...so if I am understanding this correctly....at 50.00 a week....that's 2,600 dollars a year....and one can write of a portion of that?

Outgoing
    Suzie-Homemaker....could you define "maintenance" for me....I just want to ensure I am not missing out on any write-offs...thx