Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holidays

Starting to feel at home...

Holidays

If you have a client that leaves before your schedule week of vacation. Do you deduct that amount from their deposit and how do you word it in your contract. I am presently, reviewing my policies and what to cover the above.

I look forward to your feedback.

Pink

I might be misunderstanding the question. However, since I take paid vacation time, as long as parents give me 4 or more weeks notice, they get their full deposit back (which goes towards their last month of fees). It doesn't matter if I'm on vacation at some point during those 4 weeks or not. They are unable to provide notice while I'm on vacation. They'll have known for months that I was taking vacation, so will have to wait until my return and either still give me 4 weeks notice or forfeit their deposit.

Excellent, but how do you word that in your contact. e.g. If you leave prior to my paid holidays you forfeit you deposit?

Euphoric !
    Planned caregiver vacation that falls during the 4 week period of notice is paid by the family.

(this is how I would word it)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    Excellent, but how do you word that in your contact. e.g. If you leave prior to my paid holidays you forfeit you deposit?
    I still think I'm not completely understanding. So has a client given me a 4 week notice and the 4 weeks end right before my vacation or during my vacation? Or have they not given me the 4 weeks notice? I guess I'm not really sure what my vacation has to do with it all and I don't actually have anything written about leaving before my vacation in my contact. Yes, I suppose it sucks for me that I might have to worry about an empty spot while I'm on vacation. But as long as they give me 4-weeks notice and that notice is provided on a day that the daycare is open, they get their deposit back.

If you terminate within Five (5) weeks (less than 25 business days) before, or during the providers scheduled days off (not including Stat.’s), you forfeit your enrollment fee. The enrollment fee will go towards other expenses. You will still need to pay the tuition fee for your child`s last two weeks of care. The tuition fee must be paid in full by 5:00pm on the Thursday before your child`s last two weeks of care.

Expansive...
    I have a 1 month notice period in my contract, and if the parent gives notice and my paid holidays fall within the 4 week notice period, then they owe me for those days. I deduct it from their deposit.